Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Concepts & Sketches

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Here is my idea. The inner part of the hilt will be a 1.5 chrome sinktube and the outter part plus the shroud will be a brass 1.25 sinktube. Its going to have a LUXIII amber, Graflex style grips, a 30 inch TCSS battle blade, not sure on anything else. Hope you guys like my design. I will get it done eventually. The name will be The Stinger because the color scheme is my old school's colors, black and yellow.And it will also have a D-ring clip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Honestly? Boringly simple, IMO. There's nothing special that stands out about it.
    How about something like this?

mTm
    Last edited by mihunai; 05-05-2010 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Fixing stuff

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

That looks cool. FWIW, do what YOU want and don't worry so much about what others like.
    Jedi Ronin. No Master, save the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    Sorry to cross sci-fi genres, but it kind of reminds me of Captain Kirk's universal translator.

That looks more like a pipe bomb... lol

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Default ...

Thanks Mihunai, thats what my idea was basically. Won't there be a space between the two sinktubes though? I will let you know when I atleast got the hilt made and will post pics. Will most likely be next Tuesday After I do my thing at GuitarCenter buying my new Dean Dimebag Shadow ML guitar.

Default [RENDER] Saber Design I'm contemplating

Please forgive the crudity of the sleeve render. Had to do that by hand in PSP.

I also realize the blade retention screw needs to be higher on the blade holder, and the ct wheel is upside down. Didn't notice that till after I'd completed the render. Sadly, since I completed it in PSP, too late to go back and fix those issues (the retention screw, maybe, but the ct wheel would be a challenge. Seems a lot of extra work for what is essentially a concept render.

2 seconds in MS Paint Here ya go

Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Impressive. Most impressive.

Obi-Wan has taught you well.

'twasn't Obi Wan

Making saber pics with MS Paint

It's stickied in the Gallery
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    'twasn't Obi Wan

Making saber pics with MS Paint

It's stickied in the Gallery
    Nice. I'm quite adept with Paint Shop Pro. I just didn't want to mess with it for a conceptual design. However, I'm grateful you took the time to do so! Thanks!

You should put your retention screw on the other side of the Bladeholder so that it pushes the blade on to the long side, which is stronger.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent