Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Concepts & Sketches

here is a saber i wish to do but prob wont be in the works for a long time.

Last edited by LordBane21; 10-26-2008 at 05:37 PM.
    "There are no Jedi who cannot be Seduced! With time they will all Fall. Do not underestimate the Temptations of the Dark Side!"

+LordBane+

my little design. wish there wasn't this thing called budgeting and was a tad wealthy-er to make these nice creations. but. i guess ill just have to deal with the MS paint version

---------------------------------------------------
    best blaster refracting emitter... 450 Imperial Credits
    custom quadrinineum crystal... 1020 Imperial Credits
    droxsus catheum power cell... 400 Imperial Credits

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.

Update of an earlier concept - it's a little more ROTJ Luke-ish, now, but still semi-original looking. Added the MPP clamp, got rid of the O-rings. Instead, I'll be painting the indents of the grooved secton with gold paint - I'll probably try Testors, since I'm not sanguine about my masking abilities for the spray-on paint Bubbalew found. I may buy a "spare" section for testing purposes. Pommel and lower hilt are still chrome p/c'd with clearcoat, ribbed section is wet black with the gold, and choke and blade holder are bronze/copper with clear coat.

Internals will be a CF 4.1 (Erv willing, if I don't score one I'll try the 3.1 I have), 4x 14500s (Whee! Tim stocks 'em!) with recharge port (I'm thinking about putting this back on the hilt, probably will if I can find the space), TCSS speaker (obviously), quad-wrapped Corbin show blade, and a royal blue Lux V. (I'll probably still get the cyan and put both LEDs on a quick-disconnect, plus the green Lux V I have lying about, since cyan = win.) Both the switches will be momentaries mounted in the MPP clamp paralell to the saber body.

One of my first
    Attached Images Attached Images

almost done just waiting for the sound board. no name yet
    Y'all can go to hell I'm goin to Texas. (David crockett)

ok, here is one of my current long running projects. the guy that i consider my brother expressed interest in a set of sabers like this back before Ep III came out. im making them as a surprise for him. open to suggestions on the name(s).

My next saber, I got a few details to work out like if I want to keep it all silver or not and that sort of thing, but the basic look is pretty much completed.

I was going for a combo of obi and qui gon ep1s and tossed in my bit of me to say that I was a padawan of obis during the clone wars, kinda like how ahsoka is to Anakin.

But enought babbling about the back story, on the 3rd image of the saber is an access plate, I will take it off and I can access batteries or an sd card or what have you, But the most important thing is that it will open up to show a crystal chamber of my own design. Sound board options Iam not sure of yet, I would love to use a CF but I dont think I want to go thru the hassle of setting up for another switch so I dont know what sound function I would go with right now.

Edit I just realized that the switch would be in the way of the led assembly so I redid it a bit.

Last edited by Hasid Lafre; 12-16-2008 at 07:19 AM.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Heres some concept renders I whipped up for my saber.

The original approved design.

the 1st Hilt render. the LED's in the clamp are a future idea.

1st test render with a cyan blade. just some info for those interested, photoshop was not used at all in these. Also, the blade had to be lit with 24 volumetric point lights, much like an MR blade. a single light didn't give me the results I was happy with. Right now I'm rendering another image of Defiance on a display stand with a plaque. I'll post it here when its done.

the final image attached is a bit artsy, but it shows off some nice chrome.
    Last edited by Blue Fox; 12-22-2008 at 02:29 AM.

my next saber, I don't know if it will be chrome or brass though.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Contrary to my previous design this one is actually plausable, Still need 4 custom parts made. One is an old part so I may be abel to find someone that still have it but I still need some custom work done.

Last edited by Hasid Lafre; 12-26-2008 at 01:08 AM.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics