Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Concepts & Sketches

my new design, 2 different switches
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bubbalew; 08-03-2008 at 11:34 AM.
    Eventually you figure it out

A good start to answers to your first questions =http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=6430
    The road to knowledge lies in reading

bit of a darkside luke saber

this was a kinda vader/mara hybrid saber I threw together one day

and just a lil Mace inspired design

"During the constuction there was no doubt as to what I would name her, this saber is mine, this is Fury" - Mcich Felwind

Here's a few sketches I've worked up so far for jedi and sith sabers. I'm going to be making a jedi saber for myself and a sith saber for my husband. I've worked on a few digital versions but they just didn't look right to me. The two jedi sabers are meant to have some brass sink tube overlays, and the sith sabers will be mostly equal parts black and chrome.

Jedi sabers

Sith sabers

Default Dooku who??

So here the design for my Sith saber Ultimate edition. I plan on having it made out of steal so that the curve can be a made without sacrificing strength. I'm thinking of contacting Bob from ALW about turning this one into reality, mainly because curved steal sabers are his forte. I just can't see this being able to be made out of anything else. If I'm wrong, please let's talk about the possibilities.

(Just not here this is a Gallery thread!)

wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Hey, new to the forums here. CAD designer by day. I got bored one day and came up with this. Could be made of mostly MHS parts with a couple custom pieces. No question its a dark side saber. The hand guard doesn't help with doin fancy tricks, but with an actual blade on it and polished it would look nasty. Hoping i can get this put together someday soon.

Proto1b Dark Gold.jpg

My re-worked edition of my first saber, Dark Gold.

Proto2 Paladin.jpg

My second project, named Paladin, mainly for its light-side feel.

All renders done on Saberbuilder.
    "The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force. The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined: the crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one."-Luminara Unduli.

"Scientia postestas est". Knowledge is power.

Proto1b: Dark Gold

Hey guys, I thought I'd post this up here even though it's a bit old. It's a render I did of my original design for Obeisance last semester in Pro/E. You can tell...the design changed a bit from then to the final product.

Screenshots!

Compared with the final product:

They're pretty different...but that's because I originally wanted a PT/OT style saber, and in the end I opted to make the saber slightly more PT (as you can see by the change in the grip style).

Should I have stuck with the rendered version? I think the design evolved for the better...but let me know what you think.
    Last edited by gundamaniac; 12-27-2008 at 11:04 AM.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Here is my first Custom Lightsaber EVER!!! It is just under 14.in long. Hope i Can get it made very soon.

I am very happy with it. And I hope over time i will become better at designing more Lightsabers.
    Last edited by DarthZoloft21; 09-24-2008 at 09:32 AM.