Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Concepts & Sketches

My first ever attempt at using the lathe tool in the 3D software (Strata) - now I want a real lathe!! lol

LasseSabertest.jpg

This is my next saber, my ideal number 2.
    Powder coated flat black, bright white shroud/sleeve.
    saber sleeve removed.jpgsaber with sleeve.jpg
    Last edited by ravonos; 08-08-2012 at 01:15 AM.

Copperbolt Saber.jpg

My Concept Saber: Copperbolt
    Vangelis2019

My 3D rendering of the Luke ROTJ Hero Saber. I'm currently in a modeling and prototyping class at school and hoping to have this produced using the CNC machines.

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Here's a couple of designs I worked up in AutoCAD

My first saber design, the Angelic (still looking for a better name):

My second design. I call them the Twin Dragons:

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Simple police sabers.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Here's my 3D sketch done with google sketchUp. 100% MHS Build, i'm almost finishing it, having a lot of trouble inserting electronics!

3D 3.jpg

3D 2.jpg

Trying some painting

3D 1.jpg

Hope you like it! Any ideas for different colors will be welcomed!

Lots of random and work in progress concepts i have.

Last edited by DemonBunnyman; 11-04-2012 at 12:35 PM.

The first design will consist of two sabers. They are called the sonic sabers and are inspired by Doctor Who. The first saber has a green blade with blue FoC. The second is the exact opposite. They are for a character who was a companion of The Doctor until they arrived in the Star Wars universe and helped the Jedi until the character decided he had to stay because he was force sensitive and felt he needed to help the Jedi order. He copied the sonic screwdriver design as best as he could for his lightsaber.

The second is going to have a purple blade. It has no official name so people just called it the name of the wielder, Ronin. was a slave and trained as sith. He decided that while there was some use in the dark side abilities, they were too corruptive and a weak individual would turn to the darkside and be it’s slave. Using evil to fuel it. He decided to see the other side and fled korriban to join the jedi. He decided the jedi were better but were too protective of any darkside influence even if it could benefit. He decided that emotion is what drove you to be better but it needed to be balanced with peace. He expressed his feelings to the main council member and asked if he needed to leave. Instead he was given a secret position on the council and jedi master status. The believed he would be a great tool in this war. He tries to find the balance in the force. To use emotion and passion as strength, while using compassion and peace so as to not fall completely to the darkside

Sabers.jpg
    Last edited by DeathBlackWish; 12-11-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Hey there, im new to this forum, even have to officially introduce myself, ill do that later on. just wanted to show a concept that been running through my mind
    with an white sleeve.

im want to start and make my first saber soon, this will probably be a more complex saber later on, have to start simple right?

SaberBuilder_render7.jpg