Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Concepts & Sketches

thats cool you could also do the really old school lightsaber with the power pack attached to it with the power cord like in the pic i havent seen one like that yet. or do the police baton style saber and put a few speakers in the extra handle to. just some stuff to look at.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hope you like it.. feedback welcomed..

Thanks

Rebel: Maverick

Last edited by xl97; 03-25-2008 at 03:29 PM.

I dont know which one i like best, Im leaning more toward the obi emitter more. but what do you think?

Hmmmmmmmm Pie.

Here is one I have been messing around with:

Color
    B&W

It has a collection of wood and leather going into the grip.
    Last edited by thebluecanary; 04-16-2008 at 10:57 AM.

Portsmouth... The real Portsmouth in the UK :D.

Alpha & Omega: A two-part order from JQLightsabers. As I've yet to decide where my loyalties lie (to the Republic or the Emperor) I've opted to go for twin single-handed sabers, with the option of coupling them together using a custom choke piece (if it can be made). They'll be running a red and blue LuxIII from FX boards (Luke and Vader respectively), with a power regulator for a blade shimmer effect. These will be my first custom sabers . The three switches will be Power (red), Shimmer Mode (grey) and Clash (black). The LEDs will be on plugs for a quick changeover, so I'll probably order the green one too.

I have a couple of other ideas in the pipeline too, if I get on with the sabers above, and I happen to find a large bag full of cash under the bed...

Yeah I know, all pretty basic stuff , but I don't (yet) have the experience to make anything any flashier. Hopefully one of the above (probably the Vindicator) will have a CF3 board and the brightest green LED I can get my hands on (a little research needed there). I think the Polaris would make a good display saber, but I'm not too sure about how 'practical' it would be, I'd imagine that the fins would get in the way, but they would shield the power button from accidental presses.

I dunno, it's all a bit of a pipe (arf ) dream at the moment, but we all have to start somewhere...

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we shall have a cup of tea and a nice chat"

(Well what did you expect? I am English after all )

Here's my newest design. I'm going off the Knights of the Republic designs from Ulic Qel-Droma and Tott Doneta.

This is my design for a custom saber. It is modeled after H@rry89's saber "Terminus," with a few changes. Sorry about the crappy drawing, maybe someone would like to do a 3D rendering
    See Custom saber concept topic in General Hilt Building
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jeescook; 04-23-2008 at 04:10 AM.
    Jedi Knight to Sith Lord

This is the saber I plan on building next. I posted it before in the MHS section asking about what switch to use, but I figured I'd throw it up here also. Feedback would be nice I'm the most indecisive person ever.

I plan on doing the blue one first, and then the green.

The black on the choke of the blue bladed saber may be electrical tape.

Portsmouth... The real Portsmouth in the UK :D.

Default Just a test...

The top saber is my current one (but with the red blade), the bottom one is a test to see how it would look in flat solar black powder coat... It was also a chance for me to test out transparency in my images .

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we shall have a cup of tea and a nice chat"

(Well what did you expect? I am English after all )