Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My saber! Hopefully!

Default My saber! Hopefully!

Hi again.
    Ok so you guys may have read my other post, but im still not clear on everything like, do i need to buy a thumbscrew, and what stuff do i need to make the saber, as in tools im only 15 but my bro can help.
    Heres my parts list and my sink tube saber picture.

1.25 x12 inch chrome sink tube
    1.25 sink tube LED blade holder
    16. black o-rings (optinal)
    Build your own lux 3 electronics (green)
    1" Thick walled Polycarbonate 40"
    40" LED blade diffuser
    Shouldered 1" thick walled blade tip with reflective disc
    1-1/8" crome end cap

Well it wont let me upload the picture so its a basic sink tube saber with the 1.25 x12 inch chrome sink tube with the 1.25 sink tube holder, but i realy need help and i need and In-depth tutorial, i do, do reasearch.

So i hope you guys can help!!!
    Raiden Nar out!

p.s this is what it comes up with when i try to upload my pic
    Manage Attachments
    Upload Errors
    Saber2.jpg:
    This PNG image has the incorrect file extension
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Raiden Nar; 04-11-2009 at 12:15 AM.

Banned Sith Lord

oh hey. as regard to your file problem. if you have a photobucket account (most of us do as it works so flipppin awesome!) you use the img link that comes up when you highlight the picture. its the bottom on. copy and paste in the box that comes up when you select the image insert. just remember to delete the HTML thing...

as for your saber. yes you need a thumb screw, how else will the blade stay in the holder? you can buy a drill and tap off of tcss or you can have TIM drill and tap it for you.

if you arent using sound. i would highly suggest a buckpuck (sold on TCSS). it drives the LED way better! and also if you wanted to go brighter but still work with the same electronics you have. buy a Cree Xre green (Or seoul P4) Seriously they are amazing!!!!. the are really fricken bright and run off way low current. but you would need a buck puck to drive it.

edit* also be sure you have a heatsink. i dont know if the heat sink comes with the kit or blade holder or not.
    Last edited by DJMoonbass; 04-10-2009 at 01:51 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

DJ, if you looked in the Store, you would see that every blade holder comes with a heat sink and nylon screws to hold the LED onto it.

And, you might want to hold off on some of all but the most basic advice, till you've actually built a few sabers, and seen a few different LEDs for yourself.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    oh hey. as regard to your file problem. if you have a photobucket account (most of us do as it works so flipppin awesome!) you use the img link that comes up when you highlight the picture. its the bottom on. copy and paste in the box that comes up when you select the image insert. just remember to delete the HTML thing...

as for your saber. yes you need a thumb screw, how else will the blade stay in the holder? you can buy a drill and tap off of tcss or you can have TIM drill and tap it for you.

if you arent using sound. i would highly suggest a buckpuck (sold on TCSS). it drives the LED way better! and also if you wanted to go brighter but still work with the same electronics you have. buy a Cree Xre green (Or seoul P4) Seriously they are amazing!!!!. the are really fricken bright and run off way low current. but you would need a buck puck to drive it.

edit* also be sure you have a heatsink. i dont know if the heat sink comes with the kit or blade holder or not.

Take note Darth Zadin, THIS is YOUR Master.....lol!!

"We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life"
    http://www.thegalacticsweatshop.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    DJ, if you looked in the Store, you would see that every blade holder comes with a heat sink and nylon screws to hold the LED onto it.

And, you might want to hold off on some of all but the most basic advice, till you've actually built a few sabers, and seen a few different LEDs for yourself.
    Im still waiting to see 'his' version of hows mounting his LED..etc..etc

with the hilt & blade holder all being one piece and what not..

Thanks for the replys, how would i drill a hole for the button and secure it in place? And what drill bits do i need?

edit* how do i get Tim to do it?
    Last edited by Raiden Nar; 04-10-2009 at 11:50 PM.
    Jedi, the good of the Galaxy!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

What button are you talking about?

If you look in the Store, there's a section called Services, this is where you ask for things like drilling and tapping to be done for you.

The kind of questions you're asking tell me that you are not ready to actually build a saber yet.

You need to go do LOTS more reading before you attempt it.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Oops i ment the switch sorry.
    And i am ready i just need to know what tools to use.
    Last edited by Raiden Nar; 04-11-2009 at 01:00 AM.
    Jedi, the good of the Galaxy!

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden Nar View Post
    If you look at the switch dimensions, you can figure out what size hole you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden Nar View Post
    This really depends on the switch you're using. Are you using the standard one in the Lux III kit, or the guarded switch?

The standard switch requires a 3/8" diamter hole. The guarded style need about a 1/2" hole, to use the retaining nut on the bottom. I usually drill a 7/16" hole and just force it in when I use those switches.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.