View Poll Results: Would a sith group take away or add to a Jedi costuming group?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • It would add to the expierience you need both.

46 80.70%
  • It would take away. I would only join one, the Sith and not talk to any Jedi scum.

3 5.26%
  • It would take away. I would only join one, the Jedi and not talk to any evil Sith.

1 1.75%
  • I would join both. I have lots of costumes.

4 7.02%
  • I like your Sith site idea. But don't make it a costuming site.

3 5.26%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Sith order (non-canon costuming group)?

Force Aware
    Force Aware

i am just popping to clear something up. the sith group/site that bigbret50 is talking of starting up will be in no way affiliated to The Jedi Collective.

TJC FOUNDER
    Jaiden Teed

I wouldn't mind an affiliated Sith Collective, but I don't see the point in having seperate non-affiliated groups for Jedi and Sith.

Then again, having a Sith Collective seems to go against the Rule of Two anyway.

New Staff Design

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Demens View Post
    having a Sith Collective seems to go against the Rule of Two anyway.
    this has come up before. why do people assume a Non-Canon group would adhere to a rule set in place during one section of time in all of the Star Wars mythos?

Sorry guys I am on vaca and have been just popping in on periodically. Right now it looks like I have 3 options.

1. Scrap the whole Sith collective because the Jedi Collective dosn't want a sister group and just not do a thing.

2. Create 1 site with both Jedi and Sith, but then this would directly compete with the jedi collective which I was trying to avoid. Again personally I don't like having a Jedi group with no Sith Group but that is just me.

3. Do just a Sith group like originally planed but without the joint forums. Or I could do my own Sith and my own jedi groups but this falls back into #2.

Anyways I should be getting back Saturday and will probably have decided what I will be doing and have a site up late Sunday. I will keep you all up to date. Any feedback would be appreciated. I am planning a costuming group/informational group and if I go through with it I think it will turn out good.

BTW I will try to explain logically the breaking of the rule of two as well. I had thought of that.

Please allow me to also add something. As co-founder of the TJC I've been in communication with bret about a sith sister group to go along with the TJC. After discussion with Jaiden we decided that the best course of action would be to stick to our main goal and make the Jedi group first and then add a sith group once we see how succesful the TJC becomes. One of the reasons we decided this was because starting even one group like this is a ton of work and it goes well beyond creating a website and forums. We have put alot of time and energy into the creation of TJC and we wish to put the same effort into a sister group when the time comes. I hope you can all see why we wouldn't want an "outsider" (no offense intended bret) to create their idea of a group and just connect it to ours. We are against someone "creating" a group and just using all of our hardwork in the process.

We are in no way trying to stop Bret from creating his own sith group in the same way we created the TJC. What we DO NOT want is for people to assume that it is associated with TJC. We would also appreciate that if Bret does decide to create his own group, that he would give it an original name to seperate it from our group as to avoid confusion.

Thanks for reading

D. Lex
    Co-Founder TJC

MTFBWY
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

I do see your point Lex about trying to consentrate only one one side and not the other.

As we have discussed and the whole begining purpose of this thread was to see how many people liked the one group as opposed to having both being affiliated. It seems that most people thought that the two fit well and enhanced each other, hence improving the expierience.

I know if your worried about membership then more people would join a comunity that has both. I would hate to see the sucsess of the Jedi Collective go down especially with all the time you guys have put into it. I love the premiss of what you guys are doing.

My site, if I decide to go through with it, will unfortunatly be similar but I think I might be adding more to what you guys have, or have elluded to in your group.

My Vision:

Both information on Jedi and Sith.
    Including Historic Sith/Jedi bios on cannon characters.
    Non-canon groups for both Sith/Jedi including individual page for each member including costume photos, bio written etc.
    Entertaining stories and non-canon legends written by members.
    Forums page that puts it all together.

There will be a hiearchy system and people could join at different levels. If they don't want to join the costuming group then they can contribute writting non-canon stories. Masters will have to do all.

I will give out more info later. Sorry about any spelling mistakes and grammer. On my sisters laptop on vaca and need to get going before the wife gives me to much stuff.

Let me know what you all think. I like my vision and know how to put it together but feel like I might be stepping on the Jedi Collective. I guess you could always join both groups. No issue there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ideal View Post
    this has come up before. why do people assume a Non-Canon group would adhere to a rule set in place during one section of time in all of the Star Wars mythos?
    It was actually supposed to be more of a tongue in cheek joke.

New Staff Design

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Demens View Post
    It was actually supposed to be more of a tongue in cheek joke.
    i know thats how you meant it, but that doesnt change the fact that other people seem to think it is a rule they need to stick to. hell, not even the characters that were around during the rule stuck to it. Count Dooku himself had more damn apprentices that Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Ideal View Post
    i know thats how you meant it, but that doesnt change the fact that other people seem to think it is a rule they need to stick to. hell, not even the characters that were around during the rule stuck to it. Count Dooku himself had more damn apprentices that Donald Trump
    They weren't Sith, only dark jedi.

Also, I don't think the sith group would 'take away' from the jedi one as long as you have similar standards for costumes and age limit, else you WILL get 14yr old 'Darth Notnice' or 'Lord Evil' joining with questions like 'how do I make a lightsaber?' or even just starting with a statement of 'I am an evil sith lord, you will all fear me!!! I will be so bad once my costume is finished.'

Sounding familiar?
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

you see though.. through the several pages of posts on the topic, with all the debate and disagreement, why the rule of two was made. a group of sith do not work well together.