View Poll Results: Would a sith group take away or add to a Jedi costuming group?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • It would add to the expierience you need both.

46 80.70%
  • It would take away. I would only join one, the Sith and not talk to any Jedi scum.

3 5.26%
  • It would take away. I would only join one, the Jedi and not talk to any evil Sith.

1 1.75%
  • I would join both. I have lots of costumes.

4 7.02%
  • I like your Sith site idea. But don't make it a costuming site.

3 5.26%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Sith order (non-canon costuming group)?

Well back from Vaca. Registered the site and put some things in place. I am hoping to have the site and details ironed out and up by mid week. I will let you all know what and when it will be up and then if you feel like joining and submitting your SIth or Jedi outfits you can. It will be a bit of a work in progress but should be pretty cool from what I have put together already.

Feel free to let me know any questions or all of your input, or your interest. There will be age, costume, story, and saber requirements that shouls apeal to most of you.

I am trying to build a comunity not just a site so please let me know what everyone would like to see.

Thanks.

so are you putting together a web based group (Forum and roleplaying thing) or a group that is suppose to physically meet and have functions?
    “What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

Not really a roleplaying thing. Just a site that you can show off your costumes, express and display any Star Wars short stories you might have written, and a comunity to talk star wars stuff.

If it turns into a meeting thing then great but that wouldn't be till we get members and see what people want to do.

Well I decided against doing a site for a couple reasons.

1.) I started everything but In my research and putting everything together there are other sites out there doing similar things. Not as nice as what I had going on but oh well.

2.) With the Jedi COllective starting I didn't want to take away from them. I am not sure all the details but that somewhat inspired this and I felt like a heal competing with those guys.

3.)That and I really just decided not to put the time into it at this point. What's a day wasted.

4.) Didn't get a lot of excitement about it.

5.) More time for saber building. LOL

Thanks all for your comments.

Wait, Bret. I understand this was a while ago.

I'll list my pros and cons before I get further....
    site.
    a well, I can help with character building.

I can create the
    but I'm still creating my first saber, so I'm not exactly the best qualified sith on here....but I'm willing to do this.

I understand that we can't tely on becoming a sister to the jedi group, but if we prove ourselves in orderly fashion, I wonder if they would change their minds.

This is not me relying on them though, this is me....begging for this light not to go out.

I agree to certain age restriction s....but...maybe create certain extraordinary circumstances (I'm 18. therefore able in the first place.) where dipping below that age limit is possible, if the young sith prove themselves.

second....anyone who signs up with anything oblivious shall be banned, with a note sent to explain why.... names like darth evil.

third, this uis a non-canion group, so you can be anybody you can dream of, as long as you don't make them god or Vader or something. there will be assigned Darth Vaders hopefully. therefore, those of you with the $600 suits or the like, won't be thrown completely out of the loop.

fourth....I hope that we can have meetings. I have seen quite a few jedi at the convention I went to, but not a sith (Gotta wait for another local convention, Blah!)
    but hopefully, we'll be able to build able characters and fighting styles.

fifth, within the site, you draw up a story. you can meet up with any other sith who joins the site. some rping, but not really neccesary, but A back story is.

sixth, I hope I can have bret help me, or even take over..;..I sometimes don't have the patience to write character files. here's a guy who seems he has the idea under control

Please, respond to my ideas. I may not have a lot of experiance on here, but I have created various forums for all ranges of interests, mostly rps, but this could be something bigger than an RP. We could create a community. we could display our colors proudly as the sith, we don't have to wear $600 Vader costumes (Although they are exceedingly awesome) just to say we're from the Dark Side.

yes, you should have a blade, unless there are extraordinary circumstances. so I hope to receive your replies, wether good or bad.

and to the Jedi Non-canon community. I was hoping to propose a deal. you mentioned before opening up a sister community. and you wouldn't like outsiders, which is perfectly acceptable. but IF wem prove ourselves, in our alliance, we collect a great amount of incredible recruits, then we might be able to save you the trouble of creating your own. Not saying that you cannot do it yourselves, and not here to steal your glory, but as a Sith, I don't want to fight sith if I go to dragon, mega, or one of the numerous conventions. I'm sure that jedi don't want to fight(take pictures with, or kata) just jedi.

so maybe, instead of a sister hood, maybe a pact between the two.I know you have quality players, and I hope that we'll be able to as well.

all responses welcome.

Personally, i would love to see such a community arise, successfully.
    A website is a perfect place to start things off, since its easily accessible for anyone, not just people nearby.

Plus, if there could be some arangement between the Jedi and Sith factions, some great battles and scenes could be performed on conventions.

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Thumbs up

I'd be interested in participating in this if you get it off the ground, LMK.

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312
    501st Legion Midwest Garrison

Ok, with the New Jedi Order site falling, I am thinking about re-starting this idea and combining Jedi and SIth. It will be not just a costume group but more of a non canon jedi/sith profile story comunity type thing.

I am going to look at putting some things together. KEYs would be...

1.) Have your own custom lightsaber.
    2.) Have your character story (with specific guidlines)
    3.) If you have a costume have photos to post.

I will post more later but I think this idea may be re inacted on.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

Sounds interesting. I of course would have to side with the Jedi.