Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New prototype saber options?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

How about if I made a adapter to hold a slider switch that mounts over the curent switch hole?

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

i love you master strydur

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

Not sure how to take that.....[]

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Tim, when you mount the button switch and assemble the hilt with the switch at the bottom, does it not get in the way of inserting the batteries?

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.

Well the nice thing is you could just put the batteries in from the blade holder end. But batteries are a different thing anyways.. The 4aaa and 8aaa and 9v will fit just fine. I am looking into getting some 4aa rechargeables made up. The normal 4aa holder I sell will just barely not fit. But 4 heat shrinked would fit fine. Maybe I will offer a end cap that has a recharge port and 4AA rechargeables for using with LED's. For EL you can just use a 9v or 8aaa for 12v.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

As for switches, right now I prefer the mini-toggle metal switches. I used to prefer the round rocker switches, but their area is too large to work into the curvature of the sink tubes.

I have been using rechargeables for several months now, both 9v and AA. I shudder to think how much $$$ I wasted on plain alkaline batteries, just for lightsabers.

Sometime I'd like to figure out a built-in recharge port, but the charges I have are high-quality peak-detecting rapid chargers, with all sorts of other features.

JEDI RANGER can you post what your saber looks like

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

I could try posting pics in here, but that would take longer than just posting a link to my website. [8D][]

www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/

That is the main page, and down at the bottom is a link to "My Star Wars Gear". Lightsaber stuff is in there. but hey, if you're looking to kill some time, please feel free to look around the rest of my site. It's not fancy, but I think there is some cool stuff. []

But, if people want, I can post pics in here once I get home, and have the time.

lol so your that guy i have been tring to contact you for awhile back asking you a question. where do you get the pommels and what is your grip stuff

<center>

Oh? Well, I don't think my email(s) or PMs are are to find. []

Anyway......the pommel on my prototype is a showerhead. I purchased it over a year ago, and have been unable to find it in a store here in Canada again. After searchiong for nearly a year, I may have found a website for a store in the US, but they will NOT ship to Canada, so I don't know if they are the right part. But they are very cheap, so at least 1 of the 3 models I found probably matches exactly. If someone wants to try ordering a few samples, and has success, I'd DEFINATELY like to work out a deal that I can purchase several from them. Just let me know and I'll send the links.

I'm also about to ask Strydur about the possibility have him machining several replicas of that showerhead.

Anyway, my other pommel, is a (bathroom) sink handle that is still available in most Rona and Home Depot stores.

Both pommels are almost perfect fits on 1.5" sink tubes, without needing any mods. I always add some small strips of duct tape around the end of the tube for extra friction.

The grip material is called craft foam. Quite easy to cut and shape, unless doing tons of a repeat small pattern. I stick the grips on with double-sided carpet tape. The process takes a long time, but the grip is super-comfortable.

Yes, I use the same "name" (with 007 added) on the Jedi Council Forums. []

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/