Thread: New to the board

Default New to the board

Greetings and salutations. I'm new to the board but not to saber building. At present I am working mainly on a hardwared Qui Gon and Obi Wan sabers for myself and my best man. I shall have both ready in time for my wedding Halloween 2009 but I am still working on and tweaking the other sabers I have built. Hardest time I am having is getting a pair of emitter ears for my Luke ANH and ESB sabers done. I have tutorials and all the needed sheet metal and cutters but wondered if anyone could point out what I am missing. I just can't seem to get the dang things right. In my bought collection I have a Hasbro FX Luke ANH as well as a MR Qui Gon Jinn plus two other sabers I won on ebay in the past. My hardware collection is around 8 or 10 as some of them I ended up taking apart for others. Anyway I hope to post some pics of my work and welcome any help of those little pesky fins.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Welcome to the forum. There are tons on information here and many expert saber smiths to get information from. I am having the same bunny ear problem myself. I am working on making some myself, but for now I just get ones from the MR Anakin ROTS and Luke ANH sabers. I will let you know as soon as I make some and will try to do a tutorial on them. Hope you find all the information you need here and most of all Have Fun!

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Banned Sith Lord

im currently in the process of designing some accurate ears on MASTERCAM. ill post as soon as i get the part drawn and CNC program writin. may take a few months as i am learning as i work it.

Thanks for the info. Will be reading through the board to see what I can find and will be on the lookout for your posts on the fins.

Welcome to the forums!
    C:\Documents and Settings\Preston\My Documents\My PicturesThe cake is a lie.
    Official TCSS Noob welcomer.

Who could really go as far even to decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Banned Sith Lord

is that all you say preston? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    is that all you say preston? LOL
    Mostly. That's my straight forward greeting.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Preston\My Documents\My PicturesThe cake is a lie.
    Official TCSS Noob welcomer.

Who could really go as far even to decided to use even go want to do look more like?