Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 8 Stage LED ignitor

Default 8 Stage LED ignitor

Im gonna be making some 8 stage LED ignitors similar to that I used in my 100 LED Darth maul project. For those confused my the eight stage comment, this just means it will light up the blade in eight sections giving the power up power down apperance. Each stage can handle about 10 Led's and runs off a 9v.

Anyone interested let me know and I'll sus out the price.

how big will these be? i may be interested in one of them.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Quite a project can't wait to see how it turns out.[]

" I am a Jedi like my Father before me"

Yep, thats my Mauler project. Im making the new ignitors on PCB so will be quite compact. Im going for long rather than wide. probably about the size of a stick of dimes.

sounds pretty cool, do you have even a rough estimate on price?

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

How does one heat sink all those LED's? While I'm aware they probally don't put out as much heat as a Luxeon. The sheer amount of them would seem to neccitate some sort of heat sinking. I supose you could use a aluminum plate to solder the together, instead of a breadboard or just wire.

Those type of leds do not require any heat sinks as the operating current is very low around 20 ma.

Do-Clo
    Brotherhood of the Sith

Don't make me destroy you...

How does one heat sink all those LED's? While I'm aware they probally don't put out as much heat as a Luxeon. The sheer amount of them would seem to neccitate some sort of heat sinking. I supose you could use a aluminum plate to solder the together, instead of a breadboard or just wire.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by arlaman

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Did you not read the response to your question[?]

Do-Clo
    Brotherhood of the Sith

Don't make me destroy you...