Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: help on Samus

there is a guy that is working on plans for some Samus armor,http://skipspepakuracostumes.blogspo...search?q=samus no idea when he will be done with it though. he produces what is essential giant papercraft models that you can piece together to make armor and stuff. he is mainly star wars, but does all sorts of armors and weapons. some of the plans he sells, some he lets people download for free, but his work is top notch and even with relatively little skill the stuff turns out pretty good when you put it together (all the edges are numbered so they match up)

I found Skip yesterday & am so buying half his designs for armor!!!!

Republic Commando armor FTW!!!!!

And the GoW guns...

Also, here are some funky Samus':

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/03/im..._cosplay_g.php

http://www.geekologie.com/2007/11/me...e_looks_go.php
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

i have his plans for the Hayabusa helmet from Halo (super sweet!) as well as his plans for the Captain Rex style pistol from clone wars, which is coming out nicely in my test build (i looks a bit large in my hands though)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Leximus View Post
    Good call on the Zero suit! Have fun with that, but don't give up on the armor, you'll never learn till you start trying.
    ok, thanks!

ya, i want to do some armor, espashanly some clone armor. but money is the problem on that....

yes! i saw those! i would LOVE it if mine was that cool. but again ive never done armor.
    Last edited by MasterRoop; 04-07-2009 at 02:14 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

"espashanly"? Are you making up words now, too? Do you mean especially?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    "espashanly"? Are you making up words now, too? Do you mean especially?
    ya.... im dyslexic.

I can vouch for the quality of skips pepakura patterns, but this is still a major undertaking and not something you should try as your first armor making project. Try one of the halo helmets as previously suggested, get your feet wet, practice your fiberglassing skills, then maybe you could complete something as big as the samus armor. The only other route would be to sculpt it yourself and vacuform it. Try browsing around some stormtrooper forums to get an idea of what that would entail, or check a website called studiodesigns. You might also decide that her armor can't be made entirely out of hard parts or she won't be able to walk. The armor around her stomach, knees, elbows etc might need to be cast out of rubber like the batman armor. Replica Prop Forum would have more information on that. Basically, plan on dropping a few grand and about a year's worth of effort if you want to build this. She picked the hardest costume in all of fandom.

lol! thanks. well like i said, were not going to worry about samus right now. and she said that she isn't resure about the zero suit either. so we were already going to make me the Ceremonial Jedi Robes from the Force unleashed. so were going to Co-Cosplay. she is going to be Juno.

Try wonderflex, you can apply it directly to clothes and it will stay, and you can cut and bend the wonderflex to the shape you want.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)