Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: help on Samus

ya, this maybe over our heads. i was reading and found where one girl made it out of Styrofoam and coated it out of a sheet of EVA. so ive been reading a little bit about that. and that girls armor turned out really good.

Try the 405th. They are a Halo costuming group and have lots and lots of experience with armor crafting. Some of them can be jerks so enter at your own risk..especially if you don't know what you're talking about.

I agree that if you don't even know where to start, then this is going to be too ambitious of an undertaking for you. If you want to do it right its gonna involve making a vac-form table and very precise molds which means sculpting skill. You would probably want to make it out of sintra which is a plastic that is moldable after heat is applied.

Make her a mando, much easier!!!
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cipher View Post
    how durable do you want it to be? but i agree with Jedi Loreen, this wont be easy. I would go with plastic pieces put together on a frame of some kind
    do you know where i can get some plastic pieces?

wow.. looking at the pic.. that is gonna be SUPER hard to make IMHO..

but I suppose anything is possible with the right motivation (ie: time & money) LOL

As J-Lo said.. I think carving from craft foam might be your best bet on most of it..

that, cardboard.. and some 'plastic garbage cans/containers' and you could probably do a good portion of it.

there is a cool link to where people used pplastic garbage cans to build mando armor.. (I cant remember link..but I thought it was VERY cool for DIY stuff)

maybe some HUGE styrofoam balls partially guted for the shoulders? cardoard for the fins...etc..

youd have to sand/prime/paint everything...

this coudl easily take a year if you wanted to do it right!.. (unless you have unlimited time/resources)

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think you should make a one color bodysuit and then attach the armor (whateve you make it with) to the cloth. It would be a lot easier to control and take on and off.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

As Darth Leximus said "If you want to do it right its gonna involve making a vac-form table and very precise molds which means sculpting skill. You would probably want to make it out of sintra which is a plastic that is moldable after heat is applied." Look it up on the jedi archives AKA Google.
    “What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Leximus View Post
    Try the 405th. They are a Halo costuming group and have lots and lots of experience with armor crafting. Some of them can be jerks so enter at your own risk..especially if you don't know what you're talking about.

I agree that if you don't even know where to start, then this is going to be too ambitious of an undertaking for you. If you want to do it right its gonna involve making a vac-form table and very precise molds which means sculpting skill. You would probably want to make it out of sintra which is a plastic that is moldable after heat is applied.

thanks! i will talk with her. i think that you are all right. this is going to be to much. well thanks for the advice before i spent the money!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Leximus View Post
    Make her a mando, much easier!!!
    that would be cool! but she's not the Star wars type "yet" im working on it! she likes nintendo stuff and loves Anime.

I've made Mando armor out of $10 trashcans from wal-mart and it turned out awesome. It would be a little harder to do the chest plate for a female...for obvious reasons, but there are definately ways to do it. Check out the Mandalorian Mercs forums for tons of pics of chicks is mando gear.

Here is a link to my armor

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=5926

ok, ive talked with her and she said that it was ok. so were not going to make the armor right now. maybe if i get some practice on armor later we will do it. but she does sew, so she is going to make samus' zero suit right now. and im going to make the gun for her.

here is the zero suit.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wi...it_Samus_(SSBB)

Good call on the Zero suit! Have fun with that, but don't give up on the armor, you'll never learn till you start trying.