Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So I bought a Wii

i love the wheel! i can't do Mario without it.

I have a 360 with 50+ games...don't need any advice for other systems.

Thanks for the advice guys. I never trust ratings that websites like gamestop or IGN give games. I'd rather have real opinions. There's always going to be someone who doesn't like a game for some reason or another, but that doesn't mean I won't like the game.

Zelda is on the list, along with Mario Kart, SMG, Mad World, Resident Evil 4 (I've played it on GC, and it was awesome) Pikman, and Metroid.

What about the other sports games? Are they worth getting? I know most games are going to be better on 360, but these are games I'll be playing with my wife...so it needs to be more fun than just worrying about graphics and which Call of Duty is better...

I never use the wheel or the regular GC controller, and I cant beleave you guys forgot about one of the most adicting games ever. Lego starwars the compleat saga!
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I got Lego Star Wars for my kid.. (and I played it too)...

but in my opinion.. Mario Galaxy was one of the best releases..ever. great game play.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

My two favorite games for the Wii are unusual ones... Wario Ware is the funniest thing on Earth. It's great for parties. For single player I like a game called Heatseeker. It's a fighter pilot game that is sooooo addicting. I still can't beat the last level on medium or expert, after a year of having it.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Quote Originally Posted by chase View Post
    What about the other sports games? Are they worth getting? I know most games are going to be better on 360, but these are games I'll be playing with my wife...so it needs to be more fun than just worrying about graphics and which Call of Duty is better...
    Well, Wii Sports is the best right now for casual, wife-safe games. "Wii Sports Resort" is coming out sometime this year as well. Generally a lot of the better sports games on Wii (like Tiger Woods, Madden, and others) aren't casual enough for wives/mothers/grandparents, though.

Actually, IGN's Wii Reviews are very, very accurate. All you have to watch out for with them is to make sure that whatever game you're looking at is wife-playable, as they don't make that distinction in their score. If you read through their full reviews, though, you should be able to get a good idea about if you'd like the game or not.

Oh, and Lego Star Wars is actually easier and better on the 360. *shrug*
    Last edited by Nightwing; 04-06-2009 at 04:52 PM.
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.

about Call of duty, i have world at war for the wii...the co-op isnt great. prety much its one player with the option to have somone piggy backing you with a gun...and there no other multi-player which was a real disappointment. Super smash bro brawl is great for everyone, even has a pretty good co-op mode.
    “What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

Congrats on buying a fun and intuitive gaming system
    Games you should get (in my opinion)
    Brawl
    Mario Kart
    Force Unleashed (graphics aren't good but the game controls are EPIC)
    And if you want crazy gory stuff, Mad World

One game I recommend if you find it, No More Heroes.

To cut the long story short, you play an anime/video game otaku who happened to have won a lightsaber (beam katana) off an internet auction and to fund your anime/video game needs, you took on an assassination job from the UAA and now want to climb the ranks to be the first rank assassin.
    twitch.tv/sigfreda

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoyo View Post
    One game I recommend if you find it, No More Heroes.

To cut the long story short, you play an anime/video game otaku who happened to have won a lightsaber (beam katana) off an internet auction and to fund your anime/video game needs, you took on an assassination job from the UAA and now want to climb the ranks to be the first rank assassin.
    Mmm, yeah. I was gonna recommend that, but it's so filled with F-bombs and $exual content that I figured it might not be "wife-safe."
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.