Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mr soundboard help

Smile Mr soundboard help

Hi Guys,

Sorry to be a pain, I looked and looked and could not find anything about it.

I have some MR hilts, broken blades, I'd like to use the soundboards from them for some custom LED hilts.

Is there a tutorial or thread on here that explains how to take out and use both the EL version, and LED version soundboards from MR hilts and use them?

I apologize again, and I appreciate any help with this.

Thank you.

Those would be called the MR coversion tutorials...they show you how to dismantle the MR FX sabers to convert them to luxeon. Just follow them, they show you how to get to the electronics.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

You're in the right place. The threads in this section will show you how to get to the "guts" section of the MR hilt.

Once you get to that black plastic piece that houses the soundboard, you have to take it apart - most of them are glued together along the sides of the black plastic.

From here, I've used everything from hot water and sandpaper to a screwdriver to just pry the plastic apart, but any way you see fit will work.

Once the black plastic is cracked open, you can then see the soundboard screwed down to the plastic. For the newer models, you'll see a whole bunch of colored wires that go from the soundboard and up through the hilt towards the blade. Disconnect the white connector that these colored wires are coming from (there should be pictures of this in the tutorials) and then you can unscrew the soundboard from the plastic and voila! that part's done.

Follow the wires up to the blade and slide the blade out (it's a little different for each particular model, but the MR to Luxeon conversions should show what needs to be done for each model). Those wires are attached to the clash sensor and the LED strip in the blade. In order to use those leads and the clash sensor for an LED saber, you need to cut them from the LED strip in the blade (remember, you need the clash sensor, so don't forget it in there or cut the wires between the board and clash sensor).

Then follow the instructions in the tutorials again for how to wire that board to a Luxeon LED and you should be all set.

EDIT: I write too much and didn't see Jay-Gon post - but yeah, it's all right here in this sub-forum.
    Want a cookie? Join the Dark Side.

Is funny because you are prisoner and there is no pool cuz this is Death Star. - FG Blue Harvest

U, U, D, D, L, R, L, R, B, A, Start

Thank you so much guys, I appreciate it.

Hey Guys

I went through all the tutorials, I didn't really find what I was looking for but I did find some things that helped.

I am not looking to convert a MR hilt to a luxeon, I am looking to use the circular soundboard in a custom hilt..

I have the batter pack and speaker all in the assembly. I removed the driver for the lights, and just have the soundboard, battery pack and speaker, When the yellow and blue wire make contact, the sound activates, motion sensor and clash sensor work..

I was just curious to know what wires work the light.. or can I just run a line from the power to the LED directly..

thats all..

I currently have with working sound boards and no blades

Anakin AOTC (2)
    LUKE ROTJ
    LUKE ESB
    VADER ANH
    MACE WINDU

So I am going to rebuild the Mace with the Mace kit I ordered, and use the soundboards from the other hilts.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Search function---> anakin AOTC luxeon conversion...6 seconds to find...

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Jeez i'm such a newbie... thank you so much for this!

As the person who made that wiring diagram, I should tell you that I just abandoned it a couple of days ago, and am in the process of replacing the round Anakin AOTC soundboard with one from an Anakin ROTS. The AOTC board simply does not give nearly enough power to the speaker. (I tried two different speakers.) It is absurdly quiet. And when the batteries run down, the board starts sounding like radio static interrupted occasionally by blurps and blips. I had been warned by a couple of veteran sabersmiths that the AOTC board was not worth the trouble, but stubbornly went ahead with the project, determined to make that cool little disk work. Well, the veterans were right. It just wasn't worth the effort. My advice: forgo the Anakin AOTC and go with one of your Luke or Mace boards.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Luke , Mace or 616, anything is better than the stock AOTC Board.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)