Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nomi Sunrider Inspired MHS Lightsaber

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default Nomi Sunrider Inspired MHS Lightsaber

I first read the Dark Horse comics with Nomi Sunrider back in 2001. She quickly became one of my favorite female Jedi.

Her saber, of course, is depicted differently in every comic, like they seem to like to do. It usually seems to have 3 claws, but I always wanted 4, because it seems more Jedi-like to have even numbers. Odd numbers always seemed more Sith-like, to me.

I was going to use a smooth hilt, but as I looked more closely at various depictions, it looked like the bottom of the hilt had some kind of metal vertical grip strips, so I wanted to add that.

I've been waiting for the new claw solution from the Store, but got tired of waiting and decided to use what I could find in the store at the time and I could change it later.

That parts consist of Blade holder #10, a 5" extension with a switch hole drilled in it, bezel nut on the switch, a double male adapter, the extension with the milled slots, and I thought this was the perfect saber to use my pommel #3 V1.

My cheap, crappy camera is terrible when it comes to LED color saturation, so I "played" with that in my also crappy photo editing program, with not really satisfying results, but it at least gives the idea that it's a green blade.

Edit:

I forgot to add that I kept the electronics simple. It's running a Lux 3 green (because I already had it) and a 1000mA buck puck with a 4AAA battery pack.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 03-30-2009 at 09:43 PM.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Nice looking start J-Lo, I have thought about building a version of her saber, but it is on my list of things to do when I get some spare time, (with all of my personal stuff) Any further reference pics would be great.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

I have always liked her and her story. (even though I am not an expended universe guru) Probably one of the most powerful Jedi till Yoda. Nice clean saber too.

As always "you the woman"!

Nice looking saber.

Yeah the comics seem to mess up saber designs quite often but yours looks good...nice use of the mps3v1 it really goes well with the slotted section.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Thanks.

It's a very comfortable saber to hold and fight with, too. I beveled all the ends and corners of the dividers with some sand fine paper, then roughed up the slots and bottoms of the dividers before I JB Welded them on.

I was careful with how much JB Weld I used, spreading a narrow strip into the slots with a tooth pick. A little still squeezed out, so I waited till it had started to set up then used a straight pin to remove it from the edges of the slots. I used rubber bands to hold all the dividers in place while the JB Weld cured.
    TCSS MODERATOR

I don't see the grip dividers in Tim's store... are they no longer available?
    Lord Cyric ~ Consumed by the darkness within ~

Council Member
    Sith Lord

J-LO!!!! You did it! Now we need to get that Mace into it.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

No, LDM, I plan to put my MR Mace board in the next saber I want to build. It'll be sort of an homage to Luke and Anakin.

I want to try your ramping LED trick under a bubble strip.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyric View Post
    I don't see the grip dividers in Tim's store... are they no longer available?
    The dividers came with my extension, but not long after I bought it Tim stopped sending them with that piece. I believe he said that he's redesigning that piece to have the dividers machined into the extension.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 03-30-2009 at 08:06 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Great looking saber J-Lo, now you have gotten me interested in her story. Do you have any links?

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    and I thought this was the perfect saber to use my pommel #3 V1.
    'Nuff Said.

Ok, I'll say more - especially with the slotted section - sheen and shiny - totally sabery.
    Last edited by Darth Siggious; 03-30-2009 at 09:02 PM.
    Want a cookie? Join the Dark Side.

Is funny because you are prisoner and there is no pool cuz this is Death Star. - FG Blue Harvest

U, U, D, D, L, R, L, R, B, A, Start