Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Super small batteries?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The EL is a great idea, but where would you put the inverter? I am trying to think what could be used as a blade. What is the diameter of the emitter part?

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Tradeliphine View Post
    is that much more than a piece of EL in a clear tube? I mean it may not be exactly that, but couldnt you do that?
    Thank you I imagine I could... I havent ventured into EL yet. Just starting to grasp LED. Untill yesterday I thought EL was a PVC blade filled w/ LEDs hahaha.

Nothing to do with this topic, but what's with the seller on that ebay listing charging $80.00 for insurance on that little cathode saber?

Threadjack over - please continue the discussion.
    Last edited by Darth Siggious; 04-10-2009 at 12:24 PM.
    Want a cookie? Join the Dark Side.

Is funny because you are prisoner and there is no pool cuz this is Death Star. - FG Blue Harvest

U, U, D, D, L, R, L, R, B, A, Start

I have never worked with EL, but I know the premise, you could drill throught the statue/arms/saber hilt and thread the EL through, and up through a straw of sorts to keep it rigid for the blades, the inverter could be in the base, or behind the base like a lamp cord. Alternatively you could run the wire under any cloth costume and up along the bottom of the arm and blend it in with sculpy and paint

I <3 Mako