Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: ~~ LED Sabers... the Past, Present... and Future...

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird21 View Post
    Ouch... Wow...

It was just a joke... I don't expect to be recognized for any lightsaber milestones. Nor did I expect to get a 10 pg. garbage rant on how far up the pole really goes.

I guess I really have been forgotten around here...
    Don't take it personal, FB! That's just they way he is! (No insult intended, Nova!)

I'm in the same boat, so don't worry about it....I contributed nothing significant either....and for the record, I remembered you!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I think the best way for anybody who was not mentioned initially to take this is... take the time to list out something you did which you feel added to the development of the LED saber and see how it's responded to. Rather then feeling left out from the initial post (which is what I did too).
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    ....and for the record, I remembered you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Cary
    You LIKE me! You really LIKE me!

Last edited by Firebird21; 03-31-2009 at 12:02 PM.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

I don't know why people would get bent out of shape over not being mentioned. If you feel you did something, then by all means post it up and whoever compiles the history will include it if it is deemed important.

Quite frankly, I don't understand why I am listed. I don't really think I have done all that much important. Well maybe the Tri-lux looked like it was going to be a big thing, but then the tri-rebels came out and everyone lost interest in the tri-lux unit. But it is not dead yet, I have plans for it's return.

If you can angle the 3 sockets in the Tri-Lux LED mount to slightly point those lens inwards... so they all point into the base of the saber tube, then you might have a chance to get that solution working. The biggest problem with tri-lux solutions is that none of the 3 LED's are lined up with the center axis of the blade, so much light is lost.

Not that I'm trying to de-rail the thread or anything

Anyways back on topic, I think the reason people want to see their names mentioned is that many of us have put much time into this collective hobby. It's a shared effort that has lead to some VERY cool high end toys. It's very rewarding to see that you played a part in it.

Kinda like at the end of a movie, the people who worked on the movie got to see their names in the credits at the end. If you worked on a movie, and everybody else got mentioned but you in the credits I'm sure you would feel a little bent. Which is understandable.

The only thing that makes this different... is that as Novastar is trying to make clear... the final credits have NOT YET rolled. He's trying to collect the information so the movie can end. So rather then getting bent, make sure your efforts are noted!
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

Of course I remember you, Firebird.

Oh, and no, the credit reel is not ready to roll yet. Again, it's a... ... *SIGH*... it's a "work in progress".
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Thats great Nova, I love it.
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

I'm obviously putting this project on hold until like... ohhhh I dunno... a long time from now, hahahah. What with everything that is going on.

But hey, for those who can post pertinent 411... read the first post, and send some more 411!

Let's try to get this whole "saber history" thing accurate & organized heheh

As it is... I don't remember, but... I think I have to add Mako's stuff: I can't remember if I put a blurb in there as a "marker" or what not to get that into position...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

cool cool Nova. Very cool indeed.

This *might* get brought back.

That is... probably with much thanks to XL97... and it's also predicated on the concept that everyone who posts here from now on does so in order to attempt aiding the further ACCURACY and FAIRNESS of the timeline.

Sadly, I cannot just "take your word for it"... unless you are someone like Tim or Alex or Corbin or Erv and so forth (and even then, we'll want corroboration). That being said--if you have:

* Data and dates to help corroborate some information (nothing fancy, I'm just saying HELP me help the timeline!!!)
    * People to also say "yeah, _____ definitely did the xxxxx concept--I remember him posting photos of saber yyyyyyy in May of 2007... in fact here's the post. Great stuff! Hey, am I wrong, too?? Someone else help verify, please." That would help greatly.
    * Videos or even .PDFs. For example, I recall X-Wing (xwingband) doing a .PDF on doing custom 3-up Rebels... so I'd say that is some heavy evidence in who pushed forward such ideas!! This wouldn't be to say that he is the first to ever use a 3-up Rebel of ANY kind... but again--the .PDF is there for making CUSTOM ones with optical solutions for LED sabers. Ya know? LED sabers??

What is NOT helpful (this is what made me quit this idea for a few months--for breather time for ALL):

* "Why am I not on there?? ? ? .... .... .... .. ... " (and then of course, that poster doesn't tell me WHY. With decent detail + year(s) + mont(s) + at least SOME form of data/proof/photos/etc.)
    * Bickering over what is "worthy" and what is not. Let me (unfortunately) be the judge of this. We simply cannot include EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN that has to do with sabers.
    * Suggesting "film techniques". These have absolutely nothing (and I mean nothing) to do with LED sabers. Look at the thread's title. LED sabers. Please do NOT make this EXTREMELY hard project tougher than it already is. LED saber technology rapidly grows every day--and we're already years behind in terms of doing a "history" on it.
    * Suggesting anything but little blurbs on sabers that are NOT LED sabers. Sure, EL and Plasma will get mentions... but these are about LED sabers. Besides, many of those techs are pretty "dead" these days.
    * Adding nothing to the thread

This is a bit more "hardcore" of a thread. It requires people to attempt HELPING me turn the enigmatic nature of "quasi-facts" into HARD facts, if at all possible.

Finally, I do not pretend to know EVERYTHING about DIY LED saber history!! HAH!!! I wasn't even really a part of it until late 2005, so... I'm just continuing to see how I can act to help the DIY LED saber community as a whole. So... HELP me. Help me help an accurate and decently "fair" timeline get created. It might be a wonderful thing for the DIY LED saber community.