Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Don't convert a saber this way!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That is very, very, very messed up. It is so bad, you almost have to think it is a joke.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

The worst thing thats happend to me so far was when i made a saber for a friend, Just a simple MHS hilt, within two days he lost the lense, stripped out the threads on the blade holder, then marred up the hilt with a pair of vise grips, pulled the wiring apart, and broke the switch, not to mention lost the blade film.
    If it ain't burning I didn't do it!
    Card carrying member of the FSM!

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I have seen worse..
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

We should have a new sticky gallery thread, "Lightsaber Nightmares"... might make us feel better about our own screw ups to see some really horrendus no,no's.
    If it ain't burning I didn't do it!
    Card carrying member of the FSM!

I think the guy you got it from just said it was made by Ultra just to sell it, that thing is realy done wrong.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

I just saw the video of those poor CF boards what a Charlie Foxtrot. Those poor boards I hope they were salvageable and somebody adopted them.

hahahaha...looks like the same dillhole got you that stuck me with a very similar Anni FX Ep2 conversion. Does 4__________r look familiar?

I bought a converted Luke ROTJ saber where the wires were also only twisted together without solder. No scotch tape though. They used shrink wrap... they just didn't heat it to actually shrink it. It's also unfortunate on the Ultra website for the DIY kits that it does state "soldering is suggested but not required".
    Last edited by B5813; 03-27-2009 at 09:33 PM.

"what ya doing homes?"

"building this awesome saber!"

"yo you can't use scotch tape bro"

"yeah well foodstamps don't by no soldering gun!"

"....true dat."

*saber building tales from the gehtto.* lol

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMichael View Post
    hahahaha...looks like the same dillhole got you that stuck me with a very similar Anni FX Ep2 conversion. Does 4__________r look familiar?
    Dude, PM me the name and I will search my feedback to see if we have a match.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!