Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New weathered Anakin ROTS

Mat, you fry the saber in oil,,,, no just kidding , you coat the part with olive oil and bake, repeat till you get the effect you want.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Kal is correct. I only did it once, ecauseI ddntwant it to turn overly brown. But make sure if yo do so, take ALL of te plastic parts off (If applicable) as the will will crack and melt IN the oil.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Why are people bringing up old threads again?
    How is it possible to preach "Use the SEARCH function" and then when questions are asked, wonder why old threads are revived?

Which do you want? People not using the search or people asking questions in older threads? You can't have it both ways...

Oh yeah...
    Great job on the weathering!!! Just what I imagined Anakin's lightsaber would look like if it dropped into the lava on Mustafar!
    Last edited by LastODJedi; 07-13-2009 at 06:26 PM.
    No... There is another...

Quote Originally Posted by LastODJedi View Post
    How is it possible to preach "Use the SEARCH function" and then when questions are asked, wonder why old threads are revived?

Which do you want? People not using the search or people asking questions in older threads? You can't have it both ways...

Oh yeah...
    Great job on the weathering!!! Just what I imagined Anakin's lightsaber would look like if it dropped into the lava on Mustafar!

to be fair.. this 'old' thread wasnt revived so someone could learn from it..

it was revived to say the weathering was 'cool'...

My bad...
    It just seems that there are a few people here who have the opinion that newbs should be seen and not heard. It starts to get annoying when a lot of the threads ask a question and then the next 3 or 4 posts begin with "use the search engine". As this site is attached to a store, I would think that this attitude can not be good for Tim's business. I sell custom lightsaber plaques online and I am constantly asked if I can include the MR and LFL logos on them(because I don't). I always politely send back a reply explaining why I can't do it, not just a "read the auction" and most people understand.

I had been lurking on this site for A LONG time before I decided to join. I am not new to making lightsabers and yet I feel that if I ask a question here, the first post will be "check the search function".

I'm sorry, I'm ranting...

And to keep things going in the right direction...
    $tarkiller, what does the decopauge powder do? Does it keep just some of the paint from sticking or is there another purpose???

Thanks!
    No... There is another...

Hmmm, interesting.

Did you get this idea from LDM? A Mustafar Anakin?

My bad...
    It just seems that there are a few people here who have the opinion that newbs should be seen and not heard. It starts to get annoying when a lot of the threads ask a question and then the next 3 or 4 posts begin with "use the search engine"...
    I'm in the same boat as LastOD. i've been building for a while and i'm mainly a board lurker as well. i certainly learned something and i appreciate being able to get new ideas from other folks. fo sho.

and that's a great way of putting how some people want to classify newbees (and even people with lower post stats): "see and not heard."
    Last edited by Mat Katarn; 07-14-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine Drathul View Post
    Hmmm, interesting.

Did you get this idea from LDM? A Mustafar Anakin?
    No.... Pretty sure he got the idea from me. If not, he must have done one and not posted it until after I did mine.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

And to keep things going in the right direction...
    $tarkiller, what does the decopauge powder do? Does it keep just some of the paint from sticking or is there another purpose???

Thanks!
    Well, what it does, is it makes it look like a shiny charcoal type color, and when you put it on the saber, it dries into the primer, and then you just paint over it. BAM!