Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New weathered Anakin ROTS

Swear000, Mat Katarn, Sairon: What I did, was use vegetable oil. I soaked it in vegetable oil for about 20 min, because I didn't want the olive look that other oils give off, baked it at 420 degrees, for 15 min, then used metal primer (3 very thin coats), let dry for about 40 min, took decoupage powder, and put it in a bucket, tossed the saber in the bucket for about a minute, then 1 more coat of primer, let it dry, then black metal paint, and let that dry. I rolled up a 150 grain sandpaper sheet, then commenced bashing. The hitting made all the excess particles flake off, then I used a chain from our old woodshed to bash the hilt. Voila! I wanted to have the silver showing above the clamp, because my guess is, is that ani's leather glove would have worn it out a little. But I did have to go back over some spots, because under the chrome, is copper, and I had some copper showing a little. But I hope this helps. If anyone has any questions, you can ask me.
    Everyone else: Thank you! it took a little over 4 hours.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Red face

I thought that anakins saber's glossy and all?Good job by the way.

That is very nice.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

To me, that's a little too much weathering, unless Anakin, like, dropped it into the lava and recovered it fairly quickly.
    Like I said, a little too much for my taste, but it still looks pretty sick. Heavily weathered, but it's a consistent weathering that looks nice.
    (I think I just contradicted myself...?)

What blade are you using?
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

cool looking like the weathering job
    ...YUP!

What Sek said.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Banned Sith Lord

wow that is soooo cool!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Why are people bringing up old threads again?
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 07-13-2009 at 03:03 PM.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

So we can post positive things about $K's saber.
    Looks awesome $k, the weathering is really nice

(O_O)>o====7--------------------
    Join the dark side!
    ................When they're sleeping, take the browies and cookies and the IMAX TV and run!!!!!!!!!!!!

amen to that, Dak. positive being the key word. so what if somebody fairly new digs an older post and wants to comment on it.

$tarkiller, thanks for the info. got another questions, though: did you just toss the saber in the oven just by itself or was it in the oil at the time or what? thanks, bro