Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The lightsaber for BOP-III

Default The lightsaber for BOP-III

The saber is build for Nova's BOP-III.

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Q03u4_-AM
    Last edited by makototsai; 07-22-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Very nice Mako, bet Nova will like it
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Looking great, Mako... I was glad to get a few sabers built by you and see what they are like in person!

I honestly have no idea if these will or will not be used in BOP III... as that is predicated on a HUGE amount of factors, including:

* Will BOP III ever happen? Not without a full cast it won't. FULL being the key word at this point, as... SOME roles have possibly been allocated.

* If I do this for B3... will ALL the other sabers in the show (about 12 or 13 of them) need to "match"? As in... NOT be "Luxeon-style"? I have to ask myself about this, and that would be a tough, tough decision...

* Can I even afford that?!!!?!?!??!?!?! hahahhah... This is not to say any pricing is bad... not at all... just saying--it's tough these days with $$$... as we all know. And I already have ~20 Luxeon style sabers...

* Do I want to risk damaging the gorgeous Mako sabers??!?!?!? Therefore forcing ME to have to attempt repairs... or send them back to Mako and pay him for his time and efforts? This would be sad no matter what!!!

* Should I utilize them solely as for "special demos" or special vids... this seems to be a pretty darn good idea (at the very least)...

All that being said... I will certainly do a video and thank Mako (hopefully with a little spoken Mandarin too!)... and find a way to utilize the sabers in an intelligent way!

Xie Xie, Mako...

Now... back to the L-kicks camp... more training @ 8:30pm here on the West Coast...

--Nova
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Mako's work as brilliant as always, those are some fine sabers right there. I would love to see them in BOP III for sure!

With bop already being cool, adding makoto's sabers would just make it better.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

BOPIII yummy! I like the two in the middle.
    ...YUP!

Sek, the two in the middle are the sabers Mako made... the others are just comparisons... MR Yoda and MR Maul.

I just received these today, so... YAY! I'll do a video for sure, but give me some time. I can already say:

* Exceptionally lightweight overall... this ASTOUNDED me, as... I've held the H-blades before, and they were pretty bloody heavy. This are quite a bit lighter than my Flange III sabers, and that is saying something as far as I'm concerned.

* Thin outer diameter too... which is always nice, and rare when it comes to the Luxeon style sabers--so... that is a bit of a treat!

* In this case--Powered by a single 18650 cell... I don't know if that is good, bad, perfectly fine, or otherwise...

* Definitely bright! My green Flange III is not quite as bright as the green Mako saber, and I haven't tested the red yet (besides, my Red Flange III is down for the count right now... d'ohhhh)

* The aluminum machining is GORGEOUS and I love the recessed switches. BEAUTIFUL work.

* The speaker positioning, resonance and ability to get to the battery cell is fantastic too. Pretty darn loud as well!! Nice res cavity in there!!!

* He even threw in a charger... that was pretty nice of him.

Xie Xie Mako!! More on this later... and I'll do my best to post this info & the video at FX and Judge's too if I get the time...

Gotta run...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Beautiful Sabers!!
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

any update on BOPIII? i followed your youtube for awhile now but i dont see any updates
    ~dave