Thread: Converted Mace issue, help!!??

Default Converted Mace issue, help!!??

Ok, so first of all I did a fantastically successful RGB conversion on my MR Mace, all was perfect with it and it had the best purple i've ever seen.

Until one day, i dropped the hilt on my bare foot, after a quick trip to the hospital with a broken toe, i came home to worse news.

My purple perfection is not quite right, its now a confusing mixture of colors, it powers up blue, the in idle it is red, and is only purple during the swings and clashes. It's running the standard MR Mace ROTS board.

I realize it's probably my bad soldering gone wrong inside, but I'm scared to strip it down again, i should have a vid of my multicolored wonder up sometime over this weekend.
    "Life, for a limited time only"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It sounds like one of the solder joints is going bad. When you swing and clash it causes pressure to be on that joint and makes the connection until the swing and clash stops. I am afraid you will probally have to take it apart and resolder the LED. It will be hard to tell without looking at it.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php