Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Really CRAPPY 616/hasbro Frankensaber for a...4 year old!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Talking Really CRAPPY 616/hasbro Frankensaber for a...4 year old!

Here is a built-to-order saber for my Son. He picked the parts, he picked the color, he picked the sound! Don't be givin' the LDM no crap for usin' a hasblow board! On the bright side, the board drives the BIN 1 Cyan very well!

Specifics:

616 parts
    MR vader grips
    Hasbro clone wars Dooku soundboard
    BIN 1 cyan Lux III
    mini mom switch in the activation box
    MR scavenged speaker
    4aaa battery pack
    Gold Krylon spray paint!
    Arkai Blade

The Video..hear that sound!!!!:

The uber-cool pix!:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Great job. My 5 year old girl has been wanting me to make her a lightsaber. I have a bunch of spare parts and I think I will do like you did. I will let her pick the parts and colors and build it for her. Those hasbro cards drive a LUX I red very well too.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Pretty cool scheme for a 4-year-old to think up on his own. And - call me low-brow if you must - I love the sound of the Dooku Hasbro board.
    The Saber Builder Dictionary
    Thread Index

Bu'r-akh Llyr : Kerestian Jedi Knight

That came out nicely. He's going to be the envy of his friends with that beauty.
    It's really surprising how well those Hasbro boards can run a Lux LED. The sabres I built for my niece and nephew are nice and bright off of those boards.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Looks like he picked a good design LDM, great job!
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Doesn't look crappy to me... but then I'm pretty sure you mean the sound board and not the saber.

Nice work.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

What, no crystal pommel? What a gyp! I'd ask for my money back, if I were your son....

Actually, it's a nice use of the old parts, and doesn't look too shabby in black and gold!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    Doesn't look crappy to me... but then I'm pretty sure you mean the sound board and not the saber.

Nice work.
    Yeah, the board. It actually works well for a "low end" <$120 saber. Thanks BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    What, no crystal pommel? What a gyp! I'd ask for my money back, if I were your son....

Actually, it's a nice use of the old parts, and doesn't look too shabby in black and gold!
    He already threw it at me this morning...

Thanks Jay-gon
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Banned Sith Lord

that looks really nice. LDM! im kinda bummed about the crystal pommel. lol. youre famous for that! looks great your son should love it. im starting to like those cyan LEDs more and more

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    He already threw it at me this morning...
    Excellent... He understands that the weapon must be properly consecrated to reach its full potential.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.