Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Custom Blaster Belt Rig

I really like your rig, J-Lo. I may do something similar for my own DL-44 when I finish modifying it.

What weight leather did you use?
    The Saber Builder Dictionary
    Thread Index

Bu'r-akh Llyr : Kerestian Jedi Knight

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Great job J-Lo. So, you made the pouches youeself too? Where do you get all your leather. I need to make some pouches for my Jedi belt and looks like you do a great job working with leather. I may have to ask you a few questions later.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Thanks guys. I buy all my supplies at my local Tandy Leather. They know me by name now.

I used 8-9 oz leather for that holster, it's carrying an all metal airsoft Mauser. For plastic based blasters, I often use 6-7 oz, because they are lighter guns.

I've been doing leather work for 6 years. It's just a hobby, it goes well with my costuming bug, but it's a pretty satisfying one. When someone asks me, "Where did you get that holster, belt, whatever?", it's nice to be able to say, "I made it myself." Though sometimes people don't believe me at first. Like they think a girl isn't capable of making something cool like that.

I don't mind giving advice or tips to anyone who wants to try their hand at some leather work.

But I can't give you the skill. Like anything else, it takes practice. Making a Jedi belt is pretty easy, and a good place to start, but when you get into holsters or pouches or other things, it starts getting more complicated. I bought a couple of books, before I tried anything more complex than a Jedi belt.

I also bought a couple different pouch kits from Tandy, to study different construction methods.

I do my own designs for my work. I make the patterns and templates, because my work is custom, to go with my costumes.

If anyone wants to see more of my work, check out my
    Leather Work Album
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

31 flavors of awesome!
    "In the battle with one's self, there can be no winner, for the victor and vanquished are one and the same"

-Me

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Thanks!
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Very cool J-Lo, looks sweet!
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Cool! i like it!

Man, that thing looks legit. You sure you didn't steal it from the movie set?

Awesome work you did on this.
    Want a cookie? Join the Dark Side.

Is funny because you are prisoner and there is no pool cuz this is Death Star. - FG Blue Harvest

U, U, D, D, L, R, L, R, B, A, Start

Nice work. You are obviously very talented at working with leather. You should market this stuff.