Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Buster Sword Project.

thanks man i will.
    ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE!
    Canto III of Dante's Inferno

Beware the Power of The Pope!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vane View Post
    oh and i will post pics of my Masamune as well. this i have completed. and yes it is full length!
    is there an official length to that sword?

Quote Originally Posted by Ideal View Post
    is there an official length to that sword?
    Yep. Really big. Officially. :P
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Well theres the game length which is ungodly huge and unpratical, then there is the one that swords online did and it turned out to be like a total of 4 foot long.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Masumune was a real sword maker from ancient Japan and made many swords so I can only assume all of you are referring to a video game or anime sword.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

i have a friend who made Cloud's buster sword and it HEAVY. its all show, you can't use that thing for any kind of dueling.

I'm working on a Buster sword for a member of my cosplay group. Sadly, the local cons ban anything except foam and balsa/fir wood weapons. I was thinking about trying to do a balsa/fir one, but I've never really done much woodwork.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I can't find anyplace local that sells Fir Sheets, but there is a place that does Balsa sheets. Sadly, the sheets are only 4" wide, which isn't enough to create a single piece blade. I've thought about trying to create it in multiple pieces and using glue to hold it together, then wrapping the entire blade with something that would hold a few layers of paint to hide the seams.
    Last edited by Darth Demens; 03-24-2009 at 06:14 PM.

New Staff Design

I built one A couple years ago not an exact replica but a test it's 4 1/2 ft 3" wide blade and 1/4" thick about 25 lbs, manageable but you're definitely not fencing with it

If it ain't burning I didn't do it!
    Card carrying member of the FSM!

Nice collection. Are they real or ornamental?

They are all real, all have been used the top 3 + the buster are unsharpened for combat and the other two have sharp edges, no so good for combat.
    If it ain't burning I didn't do it!
    Card carrying member of the FSM!