Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My First Saber

uggh hate the smell of popcorn, period. burnt or otherwise. worked in theaters for 12 years and an orville redenbacher packaging plant for 2.
    omg i know your pain. i worked in a movie theater for 4 years....ugh i got so sick of popcorn. im still cool with all the candy though ^_^

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

What type of hasbro are you using and how old is it? I have used alot of hasbros (over 50 sabers with them) so, let me know if you have any questions. Great first saber and I am sure it will not be your last. lol

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Its a newer one. Anakin Skywalker Force Action Lightsaber, it was spring-loaded...it was actually pretty cool. lol
    “What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

the force action I found to be tricky. I used one in a saber and just straight wired it to the battery pack with no problems. Then I built a second saber with the same electronics set (with the exception of a brighter led )and it fried, twice. I think to be on the safe side you just have to add a resistor somewhere between the power switch and the board. I am sure somewhere there is a post about which resistors to use with which boards. I do have a question though, as you said you are a college student, how are you gonna buy beer if you spend all of your money on lightsabers? good luck and remember to take your time with the wiring. If you start to feel a little flustered or overwhelmed, take a break, play some force unleashed, eat some ice cream, and then get back to it. That is the easiest point in the building of a saber to try you crazy.

beer goes under the essential catagory...along with food, gas, and bills lol.

Small 2 cents here about the covetech knob....I don't particularly like the ones with the rounded back to fit the OD....They look to fat and kind of clunky....If you like the look of the one that comes with the clip...but you'd like it to be stronger...You can ask Tim to grind down the back on the black ones he has in the store...it gives it a much sleeker profile and stays a little truer to the look of the films...

KI-ADI-MUNDI on FX-SABERS.com

First stage: I just got the parts for the saber.

Here's the basics: First is all the parts I bought. Second is the actual hilt third is the electronics and fourth is another shot of the hilt. I'm looking at how to wire it all up now. Just wanted to put out an update. I will post how its going to be wired before i solder anything to make sure its right.

UPDATE: I haven't done much yet but....As I was figuring everything out and planning how to do it i noticed that the guarded switch is going to be particularly difficult to install. How do I do actually? Do i have to solder the wires to the switch while its in the hilt already? or is there a way to take apart th switch to make life alot easier? Next issue i noticed was putting the LED lens on...the blade holder wont completely screw in....what am i doing wrong? If i take the Lens off the lens holder keeps the LED in place and the blade holder screws all the way down.

I researched the first question and couldn't find anything...haven't had a chance to look into the second sooo don't burn me to bad if the answers out there please....

UPDATE: Asked a few questions and thanks to Jedi-Loreen and Rhyen Skytracker knowledge and wisdom the answers were found! Soldering will begin in a few days!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Darth Cipher; 04-06-2009 at 08:22 PM.

Default Finished Saber!

Sorry for the double post but i thought this warrants it.

I just finished the electronics for my first saber....here are the photos! Let me know what you think. I'm planning on adding a shroud or some sort of grip maybe some paint...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Good job.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Nice, very nice indeed. Hope mine comes out as nice.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)