Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New build MHS

I think you're thinking backwards. Its possible to get just the flutes PCd, but I don't think its possible to get everything except the flutes pc'd

New Staff Design

That option is not in the catalog, no.

Moving along, in case I decided to slip to the Dark Side with this saber (aided and abetted by the quick disconnect, of course), I've been doing research on getting a 5-watt red LED. I know Luxeon doesn't make one, but I found one by LEDEngin. The low luminous flux rating did concern me, and some more looking found a white LEDEngin offering, this one (apparently) much brighter. I figure I get that and a book of Lee filters, and I'd be set for all comers.

Now, I grant I'm not the smartest person here, LED-wise. But if I'm reading things right, I should be able to run LEDEngin 5 watt LEDs on the Luxeon V setting on the UltraSound. I emphasise should purposely. And if I'm right, I might experiment with a "dental blue" lightsaber.

Or am I horribly horribly wrong, and should stick with the Luxeon Vs?

Necro-thread woo!

So, here's a few pics of the hilt, all assembled and looking ready. Now all I need is one of those mighty fine US 2.1s that are coming out Soon(TM).

First, the MHS Builder shot, PowerPoint-shopped a bit.

For comparison, an edge-on shot.

A close-up of the switch and accent LED, which Tim was extremely patient working out with me what and how I wanted. Hell, he was like that with the whole thing. He's just magically wintastic.

And finally, a beauty shot on my... oh, hell. Got a Cylon raider on the DRADIS...

The DRADIS is a screensaver. PM me for link.

All in all, me really likey. And with everything in there and/or simulated, everything even fits. Woo! Now, who wants to help me pull a raid on the company that's holding up the UltraSound boards?

Very nice Kant, I like your result.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

It's coming along very nicely!
    I can't wait to see..... or hear it with that mighty US2.1!
    Great work on that saber my friend!

(O_O)>o====7--------------------
    Join the dark side!
    ................When they're sleeping, take the browies and cookies and the IMAX TV and run!!!!!!!!!!!!

Necro-thread again. But don't call the Ghostbusters just yet.

My sudden bout of silence was brought on by what had been my impending separation from the Army. After four years, three months, and change, I had decided that it was time to head back into the civilian world, do the National Guard thing for a while, but most importantly, go to school so maybe I could do this intel bit as a civilian. Maybe at one of those three-letter organizations the government is so fond of: CIA, NSA, FBI, DoD, NGA... the list goes on.

But anyway, several months, a few arguments about where my paperwork was ("What do you mean, it got lost at brigade?!"), three thousand miles, several states, and one U-Haul later, I am now back home in Michigan, and I have not been idle on the saber front. I post this now, since I'm so geeked, but unfortunatley pictures will have to wait until such time as I don't have two sleeping people not ten feet from my room.

But anyway, I finally got all the bugs worked out of Perseverance. With my not getting my hands on an UltraSound board (but when the next run goes, boy oh boy!) I ended up tearing apart an UltraSabers converted 2004 ForceFX Mace Windu saber for the electronics and adapted my plans (which really required minimal adaptation and some light reading here) and now I've got my saber running off of one of those, with a P4 instead of the planned LuxV. My brother's saber was getting an upgrade to a P4 and a TrustFire pack too, but there's an issue with his so he may just get a surprise upgrade to a LuxV since I'm just such a nice guy.

To be honest, on some levels, I'm just as happy with the Mace card versus the UltraSound - all of the issues with controlling the 2.0 just get on my nerves. I just want something that lights up and sounds decent, and the Mace sound card does fit that bill quite well.

Pics will follow once I take them tomorrow. For now, it's oh-my-god-o'clock, and I really don't know what possessed me to go check the TrustFire charger at this time of night, anyway. So for now, I'm gonna rack out and be glad there's a room in the basement with no windows to facilitate the picture-taking.

Woo pics woo!

Hilt beauty shot.

Power LED works...

...and so does the main LED. A shot in daylight...

...and in an unwindowed bathroom without flash...

...and with flash.

Of course, once I got done with the pics one of the speaker wires decided to come loose. But you can't have everything, I suppose.

That looks fantastic Kant!

I'm curious about one thing with using the gear right below the choke...do you find it helps or hinders with spinning? On the one hand I can imagine that it's texture might help with stopping spins precisely better than a smooth area below the choke, on the other hand I can also imagine that its larger diameter might get in the way of spinning...what is the reality of it?

Where's the video
    I wanna hear it in all it's glory!!!!

(O_O)>o====7--------------------
    Join the dark side!
    ................When they're sleeping, take the browies and cookies and the IMAX TV and run!!!!!!!!!!!!

Furthest reaches of the Galaxy (Scotland)

I agree it's a great looking saber, good job