Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New build MHS

Kant, glad to read that your finally home and your saber is finished. It looks EXCELLENT, great job
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Onli-Won Kanomi View Post
    That looks fantastic Kant!

I'm curious about one thing with using the gear right below the choke...do you find it helps or hinders with spinning? On the one hand I can imagine that it's texture might help with stopping spins precisely better than a smooth area below the choke, on the other hand I can also imagine that its larger diameter might get in the way of spinning...what is the reality of it?
    Well, you make the assumption that I can spin a lightsaber in the first place. To be honest, when I designed this saber I never really considered spinning, or tricks, or dueling, or anything beyond what I thought would look cool hanging off of my belt. That being said, sometime when I have a chance to take it into the backyard ('tis raining at the moment), I will do some experiments and probably fail miserably. But I can try.

And no, I can't spin it inside. Newbie at spinning plus lots of breakable stuff (me, TV, entertainment center, walls, lights, cats, etc.) equals a baaaaaad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterDak View Post
    Where's the video
    I wanna hear it in all it's glory!!!!
    Well, there's no video because... I hadn't planned on doing one. But if you really want, once I take a few more pics and move this into the Gallery, I can probably put together something and throw it on YouTube.

That would be awesome, but you don't have to
    This saber is sweeeeeeeet though!!!

(O_O)>o====7--------------------
    Join the dark side!
    ................When they're sleeping, take the browies and cookies and the IMAX TV and run!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice and unique. Never seen a gear piece used like that before.

Maverick
    New people, read here first. It will answer a lot of your questions ->http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=6430

Excellent Kant, glad to see it working.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Gosh, great work kant......
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Well, I think this one is finalized - and I've worked out my next project. Just gotta wait until I can source the switch. The DPDT switches Tim sold would be perfect, but he has no ETA here, and while I think I found the manufacturer and part number, I can't find them in stock anywhere else. Nor can I find a replacement or substitute... If anyone has a source, PLEASE help!

Why not use an AV switch?
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)