Thread: Time for an upgrade. Maybe............

Default Time for an upgrade. Maybe............

Ok so here's the the delio, my current saber as it sits well has lost its flavor so I am going to update it with a couple fresh parts.

My CF has been upgraded to a 2.63(v3 ish) from a 2.5x, So with that I will go with a new style. One of my main concerns was getting rid of the switch box cause it is in my way and I cant not get used to it(Ive tryed).

So what I will do is see if my brother still wants my custom choke, with that I will get a new bladeholder, Iam thinking #14.

Now where the box was I need to make a cover for the badly drilled holes, I wish the bro and I had a mini drill press, So I will need a piece of sinktube and with that I will mount my switches in that with a couple accent leds that I have, I got a 3mm and a 5mm(I forget if I still need to use resistors or not with the CF).

I have a momentary AV switch so I will use that and I got a radioshack special for the aux that I will take out of my control box.

Now heres a pic of where I am currently at. (click)

With a 2.5" section

That is as far as I have gotten, I dont know what else I should do or shouldent do, Iam out of ideas.

Iam thinking I should just getting it back togeather, sell it off and start over.
    Last edited by Hasid Lafre; 03-20-2009 at 05:38 AM.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

If you sold it off, would you keep the CF, or sell it as complete? I only ask because new CF boards are a rare commodity, and it may hold up your new construction. On the other hand, if you sell the saber as a whole, you'd probably get enough $$ to fund your new saber project in toto.

As for a new hilt, there are so many new parts in the store that you could have a heyday creating something totally new and fresh. If you take your time and really 'get into' designing a new saber for yourself, you'd have one that would serve you as long or longer than this current saber. It could includes new LED(s) that may be brighter than your current one; a new soundboard (US2.1 or CF#) that may produce better sound; etc, etc.

A new adventure once in a while never hurt anyone.
    The Saber Builder Dictionary
    Thread Index

Bu'r-akh Llyr : Kerestian Jedi Knight

Well this would be my 3rd adventure that I am on.

The remake which was based on reusing parts, the pommel I am going to trade off for the style7 and the choke would go for a new bh and really thinking about it the only part I would b ekeeping is the center section.

I think a new saber as a whole is in order, Maybe I can get my hands on a us2.1 to replace the cf.....

Right now I am not sure what I want to do with it, Iam playing around in mspaint and I cant think of anything as usual.

The idea started off as reusing parts but then it turned into trading a couple parts for other parts and trying to figure out what to do with swiss cheese section number 2, well its not bad its just a couple holes that will need to be covered.

Maybe a whole new saber is in order. Maybe I can get my hands on a us2.1....

Just a suggestion for the new saber render, mabye on the back part of the pommel make it black too? It looks like a good saber Hasid.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I am not a fan of upgrading sabers. (unless you are just upgrading the sound card or LED) I think you should just create a new saber. I have ran into the same thing before, trying to upgrade a saber, it just gets confusing on what parts you want to change and which ones to keep. IMO I would just build a new one.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That's what I did with my first saber that I got bored with. Instead of trying to redo it, I just built a completely new one.

I will be recycling some of the part from the old one to build another new saber, when I have the money to buy the new parts I need for it.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Yeah I think I am just going to start over fresh, much thinking to do before I make that decision.

i also think you should just build a new one

Wiccan Jedi, I am high priest Khaos Lyfer

Just remember you are "unique"....Just like everybody else.
    i wonder what time it is on Coruscant