Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TCSS Youtube Channel

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Default TCSS Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/TheCustomSaberShop

It's still under development. Right now, what we need are videos. Post the links to videos you have that demonstrate TCSS parts please. I can rip them and then put them on the TCSS channel.

Feel free to give suggestions as to the format of the channel, as well

~LM
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/TheCustomSaberShop

It's still under development. Right now, what we need are videos. Post the links to videos you have that demonstrate TCSS parts please. I can rip them and then put them on the TCSS channel.

Feel free to give suggestions as to the format of the channel, as well

~LM

What about vids of completed sabers?

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I believe that is fine, Tim can chime in here.

The main thing is that they should be all TCSS parts

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Awesome Maul! Wow, suggest and ye shall receive... I mentioned this idea to Tim about a day ago, and... poof!

What I can do (although it might take some time):

* Make a video slowly showing how the parts go together over an "all MHS" saber I have (I actually don't have many that are 100% MHS)

* Make a video "shout out" to encourage some of my viewers/subscribers to check TCSS out if they haven't already done so.

Because I get questions *****ALLLLLL***** the time about "how do I make X and Y and Z?" and "Where do I get the parts?" and all that... it seems clear to me that not everyone is truly paying attention to the details of my vids--they just see pretty lights and start asking every question under the sun, lol!

Which is a good.... and.... bad... thing.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Council Member
    Sith Lord

A video like that would be great Nova!

I've updated the layout of the page. Now the logo is the background and I attempted to style the box colors like the storefront.

Input/advice?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

All MHS parts, even if they have custom shrouds? Do they have to be all "stock" MHS, meaning un-modified?

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I messaged 5 vids of MHS sabers to you
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    All MHS parts, even if they have custom shrouds? Do they have to be all "stock" MHS, meaning un-modified?
    I seriously doubt Tim wants to make it so "limited". Granted, I'm also thinking it's obvious the thread would be best to help new folks, and for them to understand how a saber could be comprised of MHS parts, yet still be given "pimped" shrouds or whatever glitz, glamour and glee.

I also recommend:

* People doing simple and I mean SIMPLE demos of showing how part A screws on to part B, and demonstrate some of the "modular-ness"

* People doing quick demos of how the "basic elec. kit" could be made to work in literally a few minutes with a soldering iron + some skill and a few tools. You all know what I mean.

* People doing vids that show some tips or pointers when using screw-together parts in combination with wiring (never a lot of fun, but it's just the nature of the beast)... or even something like "cut your shroud like this first... then drill and tap. Don't do X and don't do Y... that will mess up the Z"... or whatever

Personally, I don't have a lot of MHS sabers in the first place, nor do I have the luxury of dismantling them too often because... well... many of them get used most every bloody day!!! And it's SLLLLOOOWWW business right now too!!!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

this will be great! we could also make videos of specific parts and some advanced application that can be used with them. like modifying them to have a functional purpose (to add to the just looking cool part )
    "The force alone is my ally, and it shall guide me to my destiny."

Hmmmm...I can't be the only one thinking that Allaera's/Fender's sabers and Jaygonn's sabers would be prime examples of insanely beautiful and well-executed TCSS hilts.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!