Thread: would a rocker switch work with corbins driver?

Default would a rocker switch work with corbins driver?

just wondering. I found a nice small one at Ace that would fit my hilt perfectly

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I am sure it is a latching switch so you would need to use one of corbins drivers that are setup for a latching switch. I will have both the latching and the momentary versions in stock in a few days.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Hmm...i already have the driver. how can you tell the difference?

If you got it here then it is momentary, like Tim said he will get the new ones soon. If you got it elsewhere then it would be a good idea to check with them. On corbin's site you have to specify which one you want and that has just been recentley.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

I got it here. So I can only use a momentary switch then?

Sorry, my wiring knowledge consists of RED is the plus sign, BLACK is the subtract sign...[]

With that board yes, you will need a momentary.

Hey no worries you are already doing better then some folks that's why we are all here.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Thats correct especially if you got it recently. One of the earlier version momentarys you could just put a latching switch between the batterys and the driver and use it that way but not with the recent ones.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

ok...so for the slow (me) momentary means i have to hold it down for the saber to be on?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Nope, in this case it means all that it needs is that momentary tap and it'll keep the power going, like the Hasbro's. If you were running the LED with a resistor and a momentary switch then you would have to hold it down, but Corbin's board takes care of that.

The reason Corbin has a second version coming is the to help with sound boards. MR's are latching, and Hasbro's are momentary.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>

I see. That actually works in my favor then, since i salvaged the sound board from my broken Qui-Gon Jinn Hasbro for my LED saber.

Thanks!