Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Different Blade Colors

Default Different Blade Colors

How do you make the blade color for the EL different colors? I am completely new at this and would love any tips/suggestions.

Thanks,
    Phillip

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

EL blades get the color from the wire used to make the blade.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

ok, thanks. i didn't even look at the parts area. is there any way i can get some of the blade and hilt electronics cheaper? i kind of have to stay on a low budget.

find a place tha myght be cheaper but i would be hardpress to know any that i trust as well as strydur he is cheap and very reliable. after buying 1 blade kit and and the electronics for my hilt i am very happy and i didnt break the bank

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Define low budget. You can't find much cheaper than here and if you weren't banking on spending the amounts for Strydur's stuff you sure picked the wrong hobby to start on.[][]

why are people asking a store if they know where to get stuff cheaper? if you want to find cheaper stuff, you should do research and try to find it yourself, but css has some of the best prices.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Strydur's stuff is not "cheap". it is low cost. Cheap is crap stuff. the stuff here is some of the best if not the best you can find. his EL wire is .01 lower then the best i can find if you do not get like 150ft of it. and the poly can be found but good luck finding anything bigger the 1/16 walled. and if you get your goods from him you know it is not cheap crap, he does a hell of a job on his work, thats why i will be shop'n hear as long as he keeps selling. his blade holder for EL and led beat any crapy pvc holder any day. OH. and it does not sound to good to ask where to get stuff for less money on his own web site. kinda comes off as an @ss

sorry, i wasn't trying to say that his products are cheap as in not good. the only problem i have with buying from here is the shipping, which tim has no control over. if i am making a big order, the shipping is great, but if i only order something small, it still costs about 15 bucks

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

i know u know, just posted up for the guy who made the topic. ya shipping cost does suck. i was thinking about giving him my UPS act # to my work. for some reason if i send him 2lb crap it is less then him shipping 2lb stuff. but i think thats cause we may get a UPS discount for shipping out so much junk.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

If you want to order a couple of small items...here is what you can do if you live in the U.S.

Create the order all the way to where it shows the paypal logo..
    Close your web browser..
    Send me a email stating you would like me to adjust the price to usps priority..
    I will change it to probably $4.25..
    Then you log back in and pay..

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop