Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Economy Version Hasbro Sound Tutorial

Smile

Wow this is great. I was about to not put sound in my first sabre but because of you i am Thanks again!!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Android View Post
    Wow this is great. I was about to not put sound in my first sabre but because of you i am Thanks again!!
    Glad to help. High Quality sound cards are getting hard to come by these days and economy sound is better than no sound.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

One question is it harder to instal the soundboards from the color changing sabers at wal-mart?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The color changing saber will not have all the sounds that the Anakin, Obi-Wan and Darth Vader do. Make sure you don't get one that has an extra feature like color change or force feedback. To get those features, they have to get rid of one of the sounds.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Okay. ill make sure not to get a color changing one. and once again thanks!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

No problem. I just don't want anyone to have to go through the process of buying one for $15 to $30 only to find out it don't have all the sounds like I did. Good Luck and I look forward to seeing pictures of your saber.

Just finished a saber using this tutorial. I used airborne canisters instead of the blade section to hold the electronics in a 1.25 inch sink tube.

It takes quite the smack to get my clash sensor to go off. I think its because mine is loose. I guess thats ok. I actually like the cheap hasbro sound. Not at first, but it started to grow on me.

Question: I have a force action sound board. I have all the wires labled but there are 4 wires that go to the LEDs. Attached to two of the wires there is some sort of (very basic) sensor i beleive. But fo what? I see the motion sensor and the clash sensor.... The other two wires go to the LED.... should i attach it to the sound board? or get rid of it? or what? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Those wires are part of the on/off circuit and are not needed. There are 4 wires that go to the on/off circuit ant you only need 2 of them. You can cut and tape off the brown and blue wires. The way that saber works is: when you push the button to realease the blade, it momentarly makes one switch and when you close the blade, it momentarely makes the other switch.

You can wire in a 4 AAA battery pack to test the switch with the yellow wires. Just hook it up like the tutorial (this one does not require the Y splice) and cut and tape off the blue and brown wire that went to the LED. Once power is applied, push the switch with the yellow wires and the saber will come on, push it again and the saber will go off. I always test it this way before I get too deep in the wiring to make sure the connections for the switch are good.

thanks dude!
    “What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"