Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread: Economy Version Hasbro Sound Tutorial

Please i have a project to use blade builders econo soundboard on my own saber hilt, there is some scheme to add flash on clash to this board or a clash button?
    Thanks a lot

The econo soundboard has a built-in flicker on clash.

It is not possible to add a separate flash on clash with this board.

You might be able to add a button wired separately from the econo board that lights an extra LED die when you press it. Pretty much wired exactly as you would /without/ a soundboard at all.
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BZWingZero View Post
    The econo soundboard has a built-in flicker on clash.

It is not possible to add a separate flash on clash with this board.

You might be able to add a button wired separately from the econo board that lights an extra LED die when you press it. Pretty much wired exactly as you would /without/ a soundboard at all.
    Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    You can drive a LUX I Led directly from the Economy hasbro sound card. I have done it over 70 times and have not had any problems. But as Card Collector said, DO NOT TRY TO PUT 6 VOLTS TO A LED WITH OUT SOME TYPE OF DRIVER OR RESISTOR. The economy sound card does act as a driver.
    Hey Rhyen. Thanks a bunch for this post. I at trying to run a q5 led, which from my understanding can work under the same voltage reqs as a q4. However, I want to put 6 volts (4aa) through a board exactly like the one this thread is about, and you stated here that it would fry the LED. Would the Q5 be able to take this voltage, or would I need to put in a 2.7 ohm resistor so it won't burn out?

Also, would the led require a heatsink running it like this? I'd assume it would, but it would be a lot easier if I didn't have to cram it in if I didn't have to.

All high intensity LEDs should be mounted to a heatsink if running at the full max current.

Thanks again Fenixfire. I got the whole saber planned out at this point, just need to figure out if 6v can run fine on a q5 without a resister. In another thread, Rhyen said he can run an led off of 6v without a resistor, but here he said you can't. Just need some clarification.

This is for a blue q5 thats running at 1amp with a fv of 3.5. Just don't want to burn it out. The input current is 6v from 4 AA
    Last edited by gustan; 05-12-2016 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gustan View Post
    Thanks again Fenixfire. I got the whole saber planned out at this point, just need to figure out if 6v can run fine on a qt without a resister. In another thread, Rhyen said he cam run an led off of 6v without a resistor, but here he said you can't. Just need some clarification.

This is for a blue q5 thats running at 1amp with a fv of 3.5. Just don't want to burn it out. The input current is 6v from 4 AA
    To be safe I would always do a resistor if connecting it to the battery at all. If both leads go from the board to the LED, I would use a multimeter to see what voltage and what amperage is being fed to the LED before hooking it up. Then use that to determine resistors.

Perfect, thanks mucho. My dumb head didn't even think of using a multimeter XD As much as I do think it would work without one, I'd add one as well just to extend the length of the bulb.

On a side-note, my 1999 Qui-Gon jinn saber had the same board as the one featured in this post, not the one that Matt Thorn had presented. I find this very odd, but do not mind one bit knowing that I can run 6v through it XD

I'll take a pic and upload it for reference when I get home in 3-4 hrs.
    Last edited by gustan; 05-12-2016 at 09:00 PM.

I made a tut on how to make a neat enclosure, and it worked perfectly...Then I put the battery in backwards on accident (+ to -) and poof, board stopped working. Crud. I can hear a slight pop of the speaker when I flip the switch, but thats all. There is some, yet very minimal voltage, going to the speaker and led wires. I bridged the fuse, and it had no effect...

It looks like one of the caps blew. There is yellowish hard residue on the board. Is that normal?

http://s32.postimg.org/kejwcmfg4/20160513_180831.jpg

Phenomenal thread! This has helped me so much with older sound cards.

Currently trying to figure out how to add a recharge port to this setup with an 18650- lots of research... With p
    lenty more to go!