Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RBG Question

well that just made me completely lost again ^_^

if you could do a simple diagram to kinda show what you mean, that would be greatly appreciated. sorry to ask, i know you have already spent to much of your time on noobs like myself, but i was thought if you never ask you never learn. and sometimes i think my problem is i ask to many questions. but thanks to everyone in advance for all the knowladge and wisdom you guys have to offer.

but lets say i just wanted the primary, would this be what it would look like?
    Last edited by Gin Malinko; 03-17-2009 at 12:23 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I am in the process of making a color changing saber myself, with at rotary switch. When I get to the wiring part, I will make a diagram for you.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

thanks man that would be awesome im in no rush for this. i just wanted to know how to do it, so when i go to do it, i know how. im just going to go green in my first saber. keep it simple. oh and i stumbled across your tut for the hasbro board. thanks for posting that, cuz i was going to use a hasbro in my first ^_^

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I will try to take pics and do a kinda tutorial of the RGB setup.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Hi, Gin. You'll want to read through this thread very carefully. There's a wealth of information there.

One of the frustrating limitations of these forums is the inability to search for strings less than four characters long. And it's all the more frustrating since we use so many three- and two-letter abbreviations here (LED, RGB, MR, FX, ANH, Lux, etc.). You can improve search results by thinking about what words are likely to go along with such abbreviations and make careful use of quotation marks in your searches. For example, you could search for "RGB Rebel" (enclosed in quotes), or use a term like "multi-color". It's tricky art.

I made one "quick and dirty" multi-color saber (detailed in the thread linked above), but am not very happy with it. I'm now thinking about a more carefully designed multi-color saber. But as Novastar noted, if this is your first (or even second or third) saber build, you might be biting off more than you can chew. I would also note that the RGB Rebel has had mixed reviews, because the difficulty in getting the three separate domes to focus in a sufficiently narrow beam. I used a LedEngin RGGB for my own saber, and found it very easy to work with. (All four LEDs are under a single dome.) I'll be using a LedEngin RGBA for my next multi-color project.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    well that just made me completely lost again ^_^

if you could do a simple diagram to kinda show what you mean, that would be greatly appreciated. sorry to ask, i know you have already spent to much of your time on noobs like myself, but i was thought if you never ask you never learn. and sometimes i think my problem is i ask to many questions. but thanks to everyone in advance for all the knowladge and wisdom you guys have to offer.

but lets say i just wanted the primary, would this be what it would look like?
    That is it. Of coarse you need something to turn it all on and off with.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I am using a 2 pole 6 position rotary switch for mine. One pole will be for the LED and the other pole will turn it on. I have sone some testing and it works so far. I will create a thread and tutorial when I am done.

insted of just calculating the resister for each led, i can just puck it right?

Depends on how much Mah the led can take.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)