Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Excessive wiring

I can imagine there would be something to be concerned about if we were talking meters of wire, but is there actually a difference when it comes to a few inches here and there?

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Ben View Post
    I can imagine there would be something to be concerned about if we were talking meters of wire, but is there actually a difference when it comes to a few inches here and there?
    not that I've seen, it helps to keep it short for simplicity's sake, but I've never seen a drop in performance due to wire length on any of my builds.

It's going to be negligible for a fair length, just consider networking cables and their lengths.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    x197: yes just straight from buck puck to LED.

Allaerra Secura: i have an inner hilt and then a shroud thats going over it. the shroud(Sink tube) will be screwd on to the hilt where the diameter is 1.493 and then the rest of the hilt is 1.420" ill be running the wire between the hilt and the shroud where its out of sight. im still working on the designs so once i finish them and post them youll get the exact idea of what im doing.
    Why do I get the feeling there may be some epic fail action coming soon to a forum near you?

Five inches of blade socket depth? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Morbius View Post
    Five inches of blade socket depth? Seriously?
    ive seen people sink the blade deeper than normal for the effect he wants, what's the big deal?

Why would someone need FIVE inches? Even RY at Randomsabers who liked machining longer-than-TCSS-standard blade depth sockets in case of 'gorilla-dueling' by his customers didnt make his more than 4" and usually 3" [which mine is]...even ALW doesn't use 5" sockets AFAIK...because 5" is totally unnecessary. I can't imagine even actual gorillas would hit hard enough in a saber duel to need 5" sockets and if they did the blade material itself would fail before a shorter socket would.

not to much how much SPACE in your saber your taking up for the electronics..

I mean a battery pack and speak (no reson. chamber) is what? 3-4+ inches already?

Actually I'm very concerned with the shallow blade depth in the TCSS blade holders. You guys have all told me it will be just fine, but I won't quite believe it until I've experienced dueling with it myself. My hardware saber blades were all around 5 inches deep.

with FULL electronics?

or just 'stunt' sabers?

and the 2in has been standard around here for quite a few years... if it didnt 'work' I think it would have been known and changed by now.

my brother and I duel all the time, I looke like I got beat down by a mob bookie most of the time due to bruises all over my arms, weve missed eachother and hit trees and concrete, if you have a retention screw its not coming out, and it sure isnt breaking. Ive heard people talk about tips flying off, but we havent even achieved that yet, Im guessing that has to do with older/deteriorating glue

I <3 Mako