Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Read These?

Default Has Anyone Read These?

Anybody read the two Darth Bane novels written by Drew Karpyshyn? They're called Path of Destruction and Rule of Two.

I've read his Mass Effect books and did enjoy them very much, but was just curious to see what you guys thought before I bought both books.

I've read both. I enjoyed them. Fills in some of Sith history. I like most SW books because I dont expect them to be amazing literary master pieces. I just enjoy learning more about the SW univerese.
    There is to much "me" in this world. There needs to be more "we".

Hey I agree with that...I was specifically asking about these books because the author, Karpyshyn, kept it nice and easy with great attention to driving the story forward in his Mass Effect novels and not really leaving any sections to drag along and put you to sleep.

I'm sure he's not expecting any Pulitzers anytime soon, but I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the books.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I read path of destruction, haven't had the opportunity for rule of two yet.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. very easy read, not alot of wasteful fluff.

I enjoyed them too. I'm more of a Jedi fan, but Darth Bane is boss. Anytime I suggest any SW books to anyone, it's them.

I own both of them, and would recommend them to any fan.

Full of Win & Awesome. Current ranking, 10 internetz.
    Sponsoring internetz increases levels of Win & Awesome.
    Barmic youve got me started on something now

Quote Originally Posted by ArkaiHalon View Post
    I enjoyed it quite a bit. very easy read, not alot of wasteful fluff.
    Ha, seems like I've been quoting you a lot today Arkai, but that's what I was hoping...that he didn't change his style when he changed universes.

Thanks to all of you guys for confirming what I hoped would be true...probably getting these books this weekend and look forward to reading them.

i just finished reading the series as well! great series. i would recomend them. any one know if he is doing a third one? its just the way the last one ended...........
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

I'm pretty sure he will make at least one more. If not, I'm going to be mad...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Siggious View Post
    Anybody read the two Darth Bane novels written by Drew Karpyshyn? They're called Path of Destruction and Rule of Two.

I've read his Mass Effect books and did enjoy them very much, but was just curious to see what you guys thought before I bought both books.
    Awesome books! Very well written and Darth Bane is an awesome, but very dark character. His apprentice in the second books is just scary I haven't read his Mass Effects books but I did read his Forgotten Realms title and liked his writing style then as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Astromech Kuhns
    chase I'm pretty sure he will make at least one more. If not, I'm going to be mad....
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase
    astromech_kuhns i just finished reading the series as well! great series. i would recomend them. any one know if he is doing a third one? its just the way the last one ended.........
    He is making a third, it is a Trilogy It is called Darth Bane Dynasty of Evil