Keep guessing guys.

The choke's gone.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

Nah...

TRICK QUESTION

I added Poly-p, yes. But not in that picture. That picture has just been PHOTOSHOPPED. I know my shop skills kick ass, but No its not really that bright, I don't think you could get an amber LED that bright. Either way I get my Red Luxeon III tomorrow along with with the new set of buck pucks, so I'll re post it tomorrow evening. Hope it comes out as bright as I predict.

Oh, you're a bad boy, daxkai. Slipping into the Dark Side, I sense you are.

Quote Originally Posted by daxkai View Post
    ...I'm running off of a 1000 mA BuckPuck, But I'll be upgrading to a 1400 mA (two 700 mA wired together)...
    Regarding this "additive" buckpucks thing... it's been talked about all over the place here on TCSS and... personally I am STILL uncertain of the definitive answer about it.

In other words--as far as *I* know--simply wiring two pucks together to play the "1000mA + 1000mA = 2000mA" (or whatever) game... does not really work. The short of it is... (hopefully to quote Eandori somewhat well) ... "the pucks end up sort of 'fighting' each other".

Again, I don't know this for certain, but... before at least a half dozen folks out there start doing buckpuck addition, I think we'd better confirm with MM readings that doing this WILL yield positive results. Or whatever--basically get results from it, heheh!

I also imagine that the battery setup will affect it quite a bit.

Sorry to de-rail, but... it's been on my mind, and I've literally seen like 6 posts of people saying "I'm gonna do 700mA puck + another for the Lux III!!! Woo-hoo! 1400mA, oh yeah..." ... and I don't even think anyone's even making multi-meter readings to confirm.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Regarding this "additive" buckpucks thing... it's been talked about all over the place here on TCSS and... personally I am STILL uncertain of the definitive answer about it.

<snip>

Sorry to de-rail, but... it's been on my mind, and I've literally seen like 6 posts of people saying "I'm gonna do 700mA puck + another for the Lux III!!! Woo-hoo! 1400mA, oh yeah..." ... and I don't even think anyone's even making multi-meter readings to confirm.
    I know I for one remain confused. Maybe we should start a "How to control current" thread. I'm still trying to figure out how to wire a color-changing saber so that each LED in a given configuration is getting the right amount of current.

AOF did the 2 700 pucks and Iam sure hes got a meter so maybe we can get him to check for us.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

At the end of the month, I will order a couple of buck pucks and test them with my meter.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

I was thinking just now that if it dosent work with all the like wires togeather what about seperate?

There are many pos/neg pads on a lux, what if you were to use one puck for one set of pos/neg and another for the other set of pos and neg pads?

Would that work?
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics