Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Finished (kinda) Amber Saber

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

Default Finished (kinda) Amber Saber

Hey these are a couple pictures of my first Luxeon Build.

Its all MHS parts with some accent screws on the Emitter.

Latching guarded ignition button.

Couldn't afford Erv's Crystal Focus ATM, So I'm running off of a 1000 mA BuckPuck, But I'll be upgrading to a 1400 mA (two 700 mA wired together)
    next paycheck.

I altered the film in the blade to make it a little more evenly lit, but the Led needs to be driven better before I can cut out that drop off.

I plan on doing some more customization on it, mainly adding color to the grips.

The current plan is to put black in the grooves and add some bright golden brass accents maybe.

Hope you guys like it

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Did you use Poly P in that blade?? If not THAT's what you need. Though amber isn't really impressive in terms of brightness to me anyway. Good build, now get started on the next one

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Yes add some polyP to the blade.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Is there a good source oline to get the polyp?

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

We usually get it at a local craft store.

walmart or hobby lobby have it

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

Yeah I haven't added the Poly Propylene yet. Haven't had a chance to get over to the Micheal's. By the time I do I'll probably have the new Buck Puck arrangement hooked up, so I'll get it all up and running before I re post this saber. As for the next one... I'm working on a lux V Cyan with a crystal chamber, so look out for that one.

Also, how do I install the polyp do I do it inplace of the current diffuser or in the polycarb but outside the diffuser or the diffuser over the PolyP?

Thanks guys,
    Dax

You cut the polyP to length and roll it up in a dust/hair free inviroment, then take the roll and put it inside the corbin films.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

Ah thanks Hasid. Sounds simple enough but I'll check out Edwin's tut on youtube just in case.

Just painted. Here are some pics.

There was some clumping on the choke but I'll fix it later.

You really don't need Corbin film. I think it reduces the brightness, personally. However, to each his own. You normally don't use it with the diffuser, either, for the same reason. If you get the stuff at Michaels, the 40" works great. We use a dowel to roll it on, and then slide it in. We use a variation on Erv's method