Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Concept for my first saber

Default Concept for my first saber

now im not the best artist but here is a concept for my first saber build (already started) that i did in mspaint.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Looks great. What kind of grip material are you using?

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

probably going to use good'ol .5 bootlace for this. its smooth, durible, and over all cheap ^_^
    a friend of mine that is a blacksmith suggested i use Shinjo wrap, what he uses for katanas, but that stuff is like $50 a yard lol so screw that

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's pretty good for Paint!

I envision it with a red blade. What color are you planning on using?

For your grips you could also buy some leather in the sewing section and cut the pattern out on that.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Looks great, look up tsukamaki(the wrap on katana's) on google and you'll find sites that tell you how to do it(and it looks better then a cut out).

Might I also suggest to glue the wrap onto the saber so it stays put.
    Here is a little tutorial on how to do tsukamaki.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSYPALS433M
    Last edited by Sairon; 03-10-2009 at 04:29 PM.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

I envision it with a red blade. What color are you planning on using?
    well i'm kinda undecided on blade color, i dont know if i want a red or green blade. wish i could find an RBG to fix that....lol

Looks great, look up tsukamaki(the wrap on katana's) on google and you'll find sites that tell you how to do it(and it looks better then a cut out).

Might I also suggest to glue the wrap onto the saber so it stays put.
    Here is a little tutorial on how to do tsukamaki.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSYPALS433M
    yea im not going to cut it out for sure. lol thanks for the video ^_^ my problem with wrapping is letting it lose and having to start over again....wrapping a tube is like 1000x harder than wrapping a katana handle, since the roundness of the tube doesn't really lock in on the sides as you go along.

If you get a clamp to hold the previous "folds" down it helps to keep it tight, also glue does too.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

If you get a clamp to hold the previous "folds" down it helps to keep it tight, also glue does too.
    hey great idea, didn't think of that ^_^

i plan to apoxie it once i finish the wrap, if i do it as i go then if i make a mistake id be cutting a new sink tube. lol which knowing my luck thats exactly what would happen.

i cant wait to put pictures of this up, so far it looks awesome. ive been doing a little and then tying it off to give my hands a break. but im going to head downstairs to the shop and give that clap idea a shot, thanks again for suggesting it.

Being in the sword hobby myself, I've learned a few things along the way that help.

okay, i have the tube cut to what i want and the wrap have way done. (i have to take breaks cuz my hands start to hurt really bad lol) so here are some pictures.

sorry about the quality but i was using my cell phone lol