Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: help me with my MHS configuration

Thumbs up help me with my MHS configuration

I would be much more confident about my proposed configuration if I just showed it to you guys to see if everything I want is going to fit or if I need to go back to the drawing board.

Here are the MHS parts I'm looking at from the pommel to the emitter:
    Pommel style 4
    3" Fluted double female threaded connector
    MHS ribbed extension
    choke style 1 short
    LED blade holder style 12

Here's the render:

It will have a gaurded switch in the ribbed section and a covertech clip button attached to the fluted connector. It will be a Luxon V (or maybe K2? please advise) driven by an UltraSound board with a rechargeable battery pack and a recharge port...somewhere. (I don't know where that's going to go yet)

I think that covers everything. So will my electronics fit in that hilt? Is there enough room? Any changes you would make?
    Last edited by Obi-Ben; 03-18-2009 at 09:39 AM.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

They could fit, but much to learn you still have. The board could be placed on a specially made cradle in the ribbed section and your batteries and speaker can go in the 3 inch. I would install a recharge/kill switch in this design definately as it doesn't lend well to taking batteries in and out.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

I like your design though.

I'd consider changing the 3" fluted out for the 4" or possibly even the 5". You'll need room for the wires from the battery pack, and also a place for the recharge port, if you want to use one. I have a compact Ultrasound set-up here, without the board, of coursse, and it doesn't fit in the 3" extension I happen to have here with the ribbed extension I also happen to have attached. you also may want to back the switch away from the threads for the choke....there is a nub on the led heatsink that you'll have to take into consideration when you drill your switch hole;
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 03-10-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Wouldn't the heat sink be on the emitter side of the choke? I don't understand how the heat sink would interfere with the switch hole. Regardless, I don't have a problem moving it where you suggested. And the 4" fluted section still looks right. I just absolutely don't want the hilt to exceed 13 inches. Your suggestion I think is 12.7", so that's still good, though I hoped originally to have it at 12". (I assume Tim wouldn't be able to lop off half an inch in the ribbed section and rethread it?) Where do you think the recharge port should go? Can it fit in the ribbed section if the battery and sound board are in the fluted section?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The nub for the heat sink will be on the LED side of the choke not the switch side. What kind of batteries are you using. If you are using the trustfire, it is not recommended to charge them with a recharge port. They recommend you charge them out of the saber and inside the charger.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    The nub for the heat sink will be on the LED side of the choke not the switch side. What kind of batteries are you using. If you are using the trustfire, it is not recommended to charge them with a recharge port. They recommend you charge them out of the saber and inside the charger.
    I don't know what batteries I'll be using, but I am looking for a battery pack. Tim used to sell one, but it's no longer listed.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Just remember, if you use the trustfire battery pack, do not use a recharge port. You can still wire in the kill switch, but do not recharge them inside the hilt.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Banned Sith Lord

obi ben i would go with a Cree P4 on the LED. way easier to wire than K2... K2 is just eww

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Ben View Post
    Your suggestion I think is 12.7", so that's still good, though I hoped originally to have it at 12". (I assume Tim wouldn't be able to lop off half an inch in the ribbed section and rethread it?) Where do you think the recharge port should go?
    Tim doesn't make the parts, so he couldn't rethread it. That also wouldn't work with the ribbed section.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!