Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon's two new brass sabers

Ooh, I like the chrome even more. Do you always make your own blades?

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Ben View Post
    Ooh, I like the chrome even more. Do you always make your own blades?
    Yes, that way get them exactly like I want them.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The black powder coating and brass really contrast with each other. I really like them!

are your gonig to post a tutorial like you have for the others?
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Me likey the second saber! Looks great Jay-Gon.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    The black powder coating and brass really contrast with each other. I really like them!

are your gonig to post a tutorial like you have for the others?
    There wasn't much of a tutorial to write for BS-13, as I put it together pretty quick....the second one, BS-14, I have one for each saber already at FX-Sabers' Forums.
    Build Topic for BS-13: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=16088.0
    Build Topic for BS-14: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=16523.0
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 03-10-2009 at 05:14 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I like the chrome one a lot, too!
    I think some black powder coat in the manner of the chrome one on your second brass saber you posted would've looked pretty sweet!

And as for the first one, I really dig it, and I think the "Mt. Dew" green works the best with it.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

That Mountain Dew green is actually more Yellow in person...I used the "Deep Straw" filters for that shot...the others are "Medium Purple," and "Millenium Gold" for the orange-ish golden yellow blade. The blade used is an UltraEdge white polycarbonate, which really seems to help even out the colors of a filtered led. I've though about adding an accent Power-on led to that saber, too. Just not sure if I should use a green one, or a red one. I also have a lux III red that I could mount to heatsink and use on that saber....
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 03-10-2009 at 05:10 PM.

I concur with the others #2 is my favorite out of the two..don't get me wrong though they are both nice. I REALLY like the third that you showed, SHARP!

Truly you have mastered the sinktube/TCSS sabers. So did you just take a segment off of the + & - from the battery pack and then resistor the small LED?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Navel View Post
    I concur with the others #2 is my favorite out of the two..don't get me wrong though they are both nice. I REALLY like the third that you showed, SHARP!

Truly you have mastered the sinktube/TCSS sabers. So did you just take a segment off of the + & - from the battery pack and then resistor the small LED?
    No, it's just wired parallel to the main led from the bottom of the MR board with the appropriate resistor. I soldered the positive wire for the accent led to the positive for the main blade led, and the negative goes to the first negative for the original bank of blade led's so the accent comes on and goes off at the same time as the blade.

Jay-gon, I think these are two exemplary samples of well-constructed sink-tube /MHS composite sabers. I can't really 'choose' a favorite between them. One is all nice & shiny & screams a sense of refinement. The other is a statement of contrast between black & gold that whispers, yet exudes, class. And I like the short sections of grip material on the end of this one, as just the tube end would have been too abrupt a terminus.

:APPLAUSE!:
    The Saber Builder Dictionary
    Thread Index

Bu'r-akh Llyr : Kerestian Jedi Knight