Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon's two new brass sabers

Default Jay-gon's two new brass sabers

I just recently finished these two up. The pics are clickable thumbs because some of the pics may be a bit large.

First is Brass Saber #13:

Here's a few from when it was being built:

It uses a white P4 with Lee filters and an UltraEdge blade. Sound is provided by a Master Replicas Luke Skywalker ROTJ board. It runs on 4-AA batteries, and has a recharge port/kill switch which can allow for recharging NiMH batteries.

The next one is Brass Saber #14:

This one started out with more in the way of brass on it, but when I cleaned and polished it after I was finished constructing it, I noticed the brass coloring had come off from the tubing in places, so I removed it all, and the saber was chrome....the pre-polished slip-joint extensions are chrome plated, then coated with a brass toner and a clear laquer to make them look polished. It saves money in the production process, I guess. Anyway, I looked through all of my spare pieces of brass and found some that were non-plated, and replaced several of the accent pieces on it, and polished them up!

This saber runs a a Master Replicas Luke ROTJ board as well powering a green bin 2 Lux III led, but has a "power on" led that comes on when the saber is activated. It is also capable of recharging NiMH natteries in the hilt, via the recharge port which also acts a a kill switch. It requires 4 AA batteries. The blade is my usual Dual-Core Diffusion type.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 03-10-2009 at 08:14 AM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

well played, sir. great combos

Default craftsman

You are certainly a true craftsman. I should have saved myself a lot of pain and misery and just got my sabers directly from you..live and learn I guess.

Really dig the second one.
    Best use of the new bladeholder I've seen yet!
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Awesome Job as always

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

love both of the the second one is my favorite though
    ...YUP!

Jay-gon you are truly my hero. Your brass sabers are awesome works of art. I'd be afraid to play with those sabers but I don't know how I would just let it sit on the mantle, either! Great job!

Banned Sith Lord

Your art at saber building never ceases to amaze me. i dont want to use brass now cuz YOU my friend are the brass master. Ill just stick with Chrome.... .... i like that. BRASS MASTER...

I saw the YouTube videos before this thread. #14 is definitely my style. The raw exposed MHS parts look great with the brass.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    Your art at saber building never ceases to amaze me. i dont want to use brass now cuz YOU my friend are the brass master. Ill just stick with Chrome.... .... i like that. BRASS MASTER...
    Well, I build them in Chrome too:

This is Chrome Saber Series #10. Here's a quick video of it:

Quote Originally Posted by swear000
    You are certainly a true craftsman. I should have saved myself a lot of pain and misery and just got my sabers directly from you..live and learn I guess.
    Thanks, I try!

Quote Originally Posted by Caine Drathul
    Jay-gon you are truly my hero. Your brass sabers are awesome works of art. I'd be afraid to play with those sabers but I don't know how I would just let it sit on the mantle, either! Great job!
    They are meant to be played with, but any attempt to polish BS-13 would result in the same problem I had on #14...the gold color will come off and it will becme a Chrome saber.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.