Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Powder Coating Options Thread

Default The Powder Coating Options Thread

Figured I'd start this for a one-stop shop than let a zillion folks ask their inevitable questions in a zillion threads.

Anyway. GER2. Am I reading it right that the PC is in the concave portions between the teeth, or is it just on the teeth themselves?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

The concave portions between the ribs.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Eeeexcellent. That's what I thought (and hoped) it was, but I wasn't sure.

Now I just have to wait for US2.1s to be stocked, and to get back stateside with my tools. (At least I'll start saving on shipping?)

Can you powdercoat the grooves in the fluted MHS parts but leave the rest of the part bear metal?

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Ben View Post
    Can you powdercoat the grooves in the fluted MHS parts but leave the rest of the part bear metal?
    Yes:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/powdercoat/PCMB.asp
    It costs $5 extra as Tim must put the part in the lathe after it's baked and remove the excess Powder Coat.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Default About how much?

I was just curious, is the listed price for powder coating in the saber builder accurate, or has it changed?

powder coating SHOULD be $12.50 if I recall when making it??

but if you need the part MACHINED afterwards..that is an extra fee ABOVE the powder caoting fee..

make sense?

I have a question about Powder Coating Options...

In the saberbuilder, the custom powdering for the choke section (Style 1, CH12 custom powder coating) made the bare metal area look like xtreme chrome. This is correct.

Seeing as I want that area to match the pommel and the blade holder, can I get Tim to powder coat this middle area xtreme chrome, while keeping the rest of the choke solar flat black as originally intended?

Thank you

Council Member
    Sith Lord

You will have to email Tim about that. I think that he prefers not to do two color parts, but he may be able to.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Are there options for blade holder 18???
    Alderaan shot first.