Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ComicCon 2009 Who's going?

Quote Originally Posted by duncan29793 View Post
    well depending on what hotel you where looking at and what room (luxury suit) then that price is possible. Try calling the hotels to see what their comic con prices will be. You can't reserve it until march 19, but getting prices shouldn't be a problem.
    Yeah that's true, I'll see if we can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan 29793 View Post
    b)the backpack or bag you need to carry to collect all your cool trinkets will not go well with your costume.

That's what paraent's are for. lol

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

i can see it now....

you are walking along, flowing robes, flashing your lightsaber hung from your belt, then all of the sudden....your robe gets caught in the dolly you are pulling your stuff on...damn

alright, who got a rooms at the con?? I had myself and 4 other people calling and trying to log on to the site. Amongst each of us we ended up with 1 room, which is what we needed. Lots of busy signals on the phone, 2 of us got through only to get disconnected and their new waiting system online is a good idea in thought, but still has some bugs I guess. Each of us got into the "waiting loop" and only 1 of us got through that to get a room. It was wierd because the person who got the room was the 3rd one (of our group) to log onto the site. The other 2 before her must have gotten lost in the system because we never made it to the reserve a room screen (after 45 minutes). So much for first come first serve, lol.

So now I have my tickets and a room happy me Anyone else get lucky? If not keep calling back and see if anything opens up. That is what we had to do last year and ended up with a room.

My dad just got us a room I think this morning, or maybe last night, not sure. Point is, we got a room. lol

He got it from some other site, not from the comic-con site so we'll most likely be taking the bus or something but who cares. I don't think it's too far from the convention center either so that's good. I'm just glad we got a room. It sucked though because we for got that they released the info on the 19th and remembered that night and of course by then most of the hotels were booked.

I won't be doing star wars this time around. Got my fix @ WonderCon. This time me and my dad are doing a steampunk style. I still need to figure out exactly what I'm going to go for but I have a few basic ideas.

I'll be doing steampunk for two days, not sure which yet. One of them I will be wearing a black bowler/derby hat, formal black tail coat, tall boots (yet to find), black (unless I paint them brass) goggles, black pants (possibly pin stripped), and other stuff.

I found the most awesome site for victorian era clothing, gentlemensemporium.com.

The second is still to be firgured out but I'll be sporting a pith helmet!

See!....See!....See!...you guys went and got a room out of the Comic-con deal anyway, and I thought your dad was "pretty set on it", ya know using a hotel for the shuttle. No matter I'm sure the price of your hotel was still too much for me and CMC, we'll just have to save up for next year.
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

prices using the comic con travler service was relatively cheap. $200 a night for 4 people depending on which hotel. I went with the Holiday Inn on the Bay. That beats the non comic con prices $350 + a night, and I think that was with 2 people.

When you split the cost 4 ways it isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DACOTA View Post
    See!....See!....See!...you guys went and got a room out of the Comic-con deal anyway, and I thought your dad was "pretty set on it", ya know using a hotel for the shuttle. No matter I'm sure the price of your hotel was still too much for me and CMC, we'll just have to save up for next year.
    Well it was either that or sleep on the streets and walk there. lol
    Everything was taken so we HAD to get one out of the deal.

I might be going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See that is why I am so glad I live in San Diego. I just drive to the Con each morning and park at the convention center.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus1977 View Post
    park at the convention center.

Are you serious. Parking has got to be a total nightmare. How early do you go to get a spot? I usually take the shuttle from the hotel and traffic is horrible. I can't imagine parking being very easy.