Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ComicCon 2009 Who's going?

Default ComicCon 2009 Who's going?

Title says it all.

Me and my dad took the plunge and bought the four day tickets. I'm currently waiting for confirmation if Dacota will be able to go.

Our one problem is the cost for hotels. Last I heard it was around $300 - $400 a night! I'll be selling a saber or two on ebay to help with that. (be on the lookout please!)

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

Banned Sith Lord

where is it? i have ALWAYS wanted to go

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The one he's talking about is in San Diego, right?

The last time I went was in 2006. I got a room at Holiday Inn at the Bay for the Convention rate of $170/night. It was at the very end of the shuttle bus route.

We had 4 girls in the room, so each of us paid for one night, plus the fee for their own parking.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

If you are talking about San Diego Comic Con.. I haven't missed one in 10 yrs so yes I will be there. 40th Anniversay so expect some big stuff happening as well as BIGGER crowds... I know funny considering the crowds have been huge the past 2 yrs so how can they get bigger.

Unfortunatley the con has started a downward spiral over the past few years. Much more corporate and less friendly. Artisti Alley is rumored to be cut out and the Art Auction has been cut because corporatations are fighting to commercialize the con even more. The little guy is being forced out. Sad really.

$300 + for rooms??? Wow, I haven't had to pay over $190 a room yet. Which hotels are you checking out?? On March 19 special blocks of rooms are being open specifically for con goers which are cheaper than regular prices ($190 being the special price). You might want to try then, but beware, rooms sell out within minutes... if that.

Banned Sith Lord

wow i am seriously missing out. why cant my parents be a Sci fi fanatic like me

I have had a great time the last couple of years. If we find out how many people are comming we should see if we can get a fan table. Up where the Rebel Legion and the 501st are. Hey if the R2 builders club can get a table there is nothing saying a light sabers builders club couldnt be there..

that would be awsome, but you better move quickly as space is a premium. The place gets very crowded. both with attendees and sellers

I'm not sure then what my dad was looking at. I thought $400 was just a tad over priced.

I really hope we can get something around what your talking about 'cause Dacota said he can't and/or won't pay for a room that pricey. (Don't blame him.)

I am currently working on a steampunk style costume and if possible a firefly (most likely Mal) costume as well. If neither get finished then I'll wear my SW costume but I'm actually trying to go a different direction for a change. (At least for awhile.)

Any idea where I could find a decently priced "brown coat"?

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

well depending on what hotel you where looking at and what room (luxury suit) then that price is possible. Try calling the hotels to see what their comic con prices will be. You can't reserve it until march 19, but getting prices shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck with the costumes. I am debating on going with a costume. There are always some great ones there. Just having a costume on and trying to shop and get artwork tends to be a problem because a)everyone (and I do mean everyon) will stop you to take pics if it is a good one and b)the backpack or bag you need to carry to collect all your cool trinkets will not go well with your costume.