Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New custom blaster, what do you think

Default Custom blaster NEW PICS ON PAGE 2!!

Heres my new blaster I made for a generic new republic jedi costume im putting together.

It started life as a cheap spring airsoft gun, I primed, repainted an undercoat of black. Dry brushed metallic silver, then applied a black ink to age it. After I did that I wrapped the grip in leather cord.

So, what do you think, o the thing on top is a working "laser" apparently, but if I had to hazard I guess im expecting a red led.

Last edited by airsoftmode; 03-09-2009 at 12:40 AM.
    Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.

it looks cool. though I think it needs a flash supressor for that star wars blaster look

dude! most excellent

Yeah, it may need a flash suppressor your right, and it has a little matterial I can attach to.

But what style? Think a dl-44 would look arlight?
    Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.

That looks bad a**, very Anton Rand. I think it looks great the way it is. Another thing is, does it still fire, or just a static prop?
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

It still fires, but its just a springer so its not very exciting. Although at night with a mag of glow in the dark bbs it would be pretty cool.

I have that exact model in the closet with very similar intentions. i want to turn it into a heavy blaster for the character and stories I am writing. The scope has a red cross hairs in it and the laser sight is more of a pointer, but works on my unit.
    Nice Job!!
    I wanted to find some way to add a magazine chamber below the barrel and use an off-the-side scope mount like the DL-44.
    I also have 2 mauser replicas (airsoft plastic) and the resin casting for both versions of the DL-44 (ANH & ESB).
    Just need the time and "skilz" to airbrush the things....
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

*Obi-Dar has a seizure from looking at the flashing saber in airsoftmode's sig*

Ummm... Yeah.... Where was I?

Oh yeah.

That looks pretty good, but it needs something more. Definitely a flash suppressor, but it needs something around the back end of the slide area too. I don't know what, but something to make it look more futuristic, and less like a 20th century handgun.

I do like the paint and weathering. Overall, a nice job.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That is an awesome blaster. You do know this is a lightsaber sight don't you? I am just kidding, I couldnt resist. Awesome job.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php