Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saber Pike Ideas

Default Saber Pike Ideas

I have been thinking about building a saber pike since I started in this chaotic, addictive hobby and now that I'm familiar with the MHS system, I thought this might be my next build. I think that the Emperor's Shadow Guards carried them. I'll probably make the pole from brass or aluminum.

Pretty cool huh ???
    Here are my ideas. I thought that I could carry it as a cane, but also as my saber. Tell me what you think.
    Yoda always said there would be days like this.

you know i was just thinking the same idea today at a con i went to. i will have to look into it a bit more, but i do like the idea.

The measure of true wisdom is the ability to entertain ones idea and not except it as your own.

I like the middle one quite a bit...I could never figure out what to use the looooong choke for before but thats a great use for it...what I would change though would be to reverse it so the male thread was into the lower df section...then I'd put the crystal chamber connector into the female end of the choke so occupying the same place as the lower gear section in your design...otherwise I think its about perfect.

Those are good ideas but not accurite to the game renderings at all. I myself are building one of these I should have specs on this soon to see more go here for everything that pertains to the force saber pike. http://forcepike.net/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sith Happens

if you wire everything in the emitter end you have two more cool options:1) You would of course be able to remove the top and the pommel to combine them into a regular saber:2) if you use a long enough staff section, you should be able to store the blade in it as well, because honestly, there are a very limited numbers of ways to store a blade when in costume. nice designs, may be an upcoming project for me as well. Keep us updated. BTW, someone else made one here.I don't remember who, but you may want to find out to (I will re-post if I find it)him what kind of challenges there may be.

Quote Originally Posted by TD-2272 View Post
    Those are good ideas but not accurite to the game renderings at all. I myself are building one of these I should have specs on this soon to see more go here for everything that pertains to the force saber pike. http://forcepike.net/
    I wasn't thinking about accuracy. I don't even know what the game version look like. I don't play. I just don't like short hilts and I also thought it would be cool to have a heavy pike weapon even if the blade wasn't lit. Kind of a 2 for 1 weapon.

I refined the design. However, it might be a while before I get it built as it will take some major $$$. I also want to this build to have either a US or CF board. I found a 1.25" OD Aluminum tube on the TCSS store link "Online Medals" that should fit in the sink adapters.
    Total length w/o blade will be 5'. Blade will be approx. 26" or maybe a little longer.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by DarthHideous; 05-22-2009 at 01:51 AM. Reason: no pic.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I'd love the design's you have. They all look pretty good, hard to pick a favorite.

As for pikes, it was Lucious Talvione who made one before. It's for his Shadow Guard 501st costume. I saw it a convention shortly after hemade it it. It was a little wobbly (he used mostly pvc, and the center section was not secured well at the time). It was still pretty cool though.

Here's the link.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...hlight=lucious

I think the last saber (the one on the bottom) looks best, very versitile. plus you could put a crystal in the crystal chamber.

New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

There were a few examples of lightsaber type pikes and staves in the Force Unleashed Game, both the ShadowGuards and the Third Boss, Kazdan Paratus, not sure if that helps but they were a few more examples. There was an action figure released of the Shadow Guards with a good photo of his weapon and of course the accessory itself, would love to know how 5 feet of aluminum holds up to, i was thinking of the same type project and I was not sure what metal would survive contact without bending. Had a few pictures of Kazdan that are clear enough to see his saber also from the game if that helps.