Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: what is the best battery to use

well, my switch will be part of a "graflex" clamp. there will be no visible screws or rivets. also, if you can get me more detailed pics of the box, i would be glad to try to help you mount it with no visible screws or anything.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

can someone so how they made the box for the switch

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

I dont have a box on mine what I am doing is using the switch from a 3 d battery maglight. If you have a 1 1/5" hilt it fits perfectly inside. So the switch will sit flush with the body and actually be recessed a bit. Plus they do require a bit of a push to get them to work so don't think that I will bump it off. Only draw back is that it takes about a little over and inch of space in on the inside. My hilt is fairly long so it's not a problem. I am using the 8 aaa battery holder and have a 4" blade holder. I havn't installed the switch yet but I will let everyone know how it works out.

Myx, go to Lowes, hardware isle and pick up a "U" profile aluminium rod. Cut a piece, install your switch, wrap the piece in electrical tape and fill it with silicone. I actually kept the electrical tape on that one, but you don't have to once the silicone has dried. I installed the rivets too before filling it in. So suit-man, that's what it actualy is - a u-profile, not a real box.

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.

hum interesting

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

"interesting" Again? lol

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.

interesting i my favorite word it drives most my friends nuts example" Hey Myx(yeah theycall me myx) wanna play some xbox. Sure guys it sound interesting" i generally use interesting in the place of words like fun, cool, sucks , and many other descriptive words

<center>

[8D]I made a my EL wire light up by gutting two 9 volt batteries and gluing then together "in series". By making one big battery. Which produces about 17.5 volts. I used rechargeable batteries so I would never run out of batteries. I hooked up the batteries to a 3.5mm jack and hard wired it to the batteries. I connected a 3.5mm jack to a 9 volt clip, so I could recharge it any time. This will allow the batteries to stay in the saber indefinitly. I have an EL blade of purple color. It lights so brightly that it reflects off the walls. I'm very pleased. And the battery size is only about half the size more then a normal nine volt.

stealth

Don't try this battery setup. After trying to recharge them it destroyed the battery, litteraly fried it up. And it only charged to 9 volts. I have to revert to two seperate rechargeble 9 volts in series, which works wonderfully.

stealth

hmmm, I have been thinking about using rechargables in my hilt, once I have enough spare money to build myself a nice hilt. What I have used for switchboxes is this 1/2" square acrylic rod usPlastics used to sell, but I just looked it up and they don't sell it anymore however thishttp://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...uct%5Fid=21156might work as well, you would just have to hollow out the inside. On each end I glued one of thesehttp://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...uct%5Fid=13361 and it could be painted black or silver. Radio Shack has some slide switches that fit in there nicely. The hard part is covering the top up. I somehow managed on a darth vader one to have those bubbles glued on top. It looked great, but it still has some glitches I am trying to work out.
    here is a link to a pic of it. http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-5/1016453/Copy(2)of100_1152.JPG (I couldn't get the picture function or the hyperlink function to work)